Would Colston have made the difference? (1 Viewer)

I think having Colston in would have made a huge difference. When you lose your leading reciever, it's often tough to adjust, especially in the red zone. I think the first int, I bet Brees throws it higher cuz he knows Colston has the ability to go up and get the ball. I maintain that the Saints were still in the game until the int that was returned for a TD for Cincy. That was the killer. The Saints certainly can compete with the best in the league, but the ball has to be protected better.

Those turnovers in the red zone would have been limited because at least one of those would have went to Colston if not both

Having Colston in there wouldn't have changed the game. 4 turnovers made the difference, just like againt the Ravens and the Steelers and Colston played in both of those games.

We can't get past turning the ball over.

We have the same problem. If we protect the ball we win. Sounds redundant, but it's true.

:no:

No doubt having his most productive receiver would have helped Brees, but the INTs didn't appear to be the fault of any of the receivers. They all looked like bad decisions by Brees.

I will take the blame for this one: I added Colston to my Fantasy roster last night. It is the kiss of death. My apologies.:crazy2:

Nah, its ok. I've been starting him for 7 weeks!

He's been extremely fruitful.

I don't think having Colston in there would've made a difference. He played last week, and we still turned it over 3 times. Those 2 end zone picks were just bad passes. They would've been picked off even if Colston was there.

I'm sure the coaches will look at things and make changes as needed, as far as the playcalling in the redzone.

I say yes b/c, if he was there the play could have been a fade route to the corner and let him have a jump ball, defintely would have helped. Secondly, no it wouldn't have made a difference becasue we should have pounded Deuce anyway when we have the ball inside the 10 everytime:cussing:
Makes no sense!!!!:dunno:

Turnovers

Doesn't matter who is or isn't in the game when you turn the ball over and even worst it results in points for the other team your going to lose.

I will take the blame for this one: I added Colston to my Fantasy roster last night. It is the kiss of death. My apologies.:crazy2:

Did you seriously just add him last night? He was the #1 reciever before this weeks game. Hope sarcasm was on for your post. Colston messed me up in a few leagues this week :(

I think the Colston loss was substantial. But then again, no team should be that dependent on a rookie WR!!

As good as Colston has been, and the way the Saints have depended on him......

They need to tear up his seventh round contract after this year and give him a
nice new one in the off-season.

I don't normally say things like this.

I believe if you sign a contract, you honor it.

This is a definite exception.

Joe

Did you seriously just add him last night? He was the #1 reciever before this weeks game. Hope sarcasm was on for your post. Colston messed me up in a few leagues this week :(

Yeah, I did just add him last night. I'm playing in a salary league and had to clear all kinds of space to re-sign him (I retardedly benched him on the bye). Also, in this league Colston is listed at TE, not WR. Go figure, but his salary is through the roof.

I agree we would have won, but we need to use Deuce more and control the ball more

Saintuary;49798en I know this said:
I think a TE will be brought in to account for another big target, the recieving corps is fine the way it is but lack of production from the TE spot, especially with all the single back sets we run, has really hurt.

Colston is the #1 reciever on this team and I think that was even more apparent when joe only caught 3balls....let me take that back, there is no #1 reciever in this offense, but Colston is bree's #1 option, but I dont think Colston would of made a difference simply because the offense didnt stop just because Colston wasnt in there, but It did stall more often than it used to specially on third down, but you cant replace 54 catches 850+yrds and 7td's.

No doubt having his most productive receiver would have helped Brees, but the INTs didn't appear to be the fault of any of the receivers. They all looked like bad decisions by Brees.

MULTIPLE black jerseys surrounded both redzone INTs.

Less space to defend down there, but some amongst us support the pass come hell or high water...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom