Would Colston have made the difference? (1 Viewer)

Saintuary

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
I think so. Amazing that Brees right arm man went down and no one could replace him. I think the two INTs in the enzone would have been for Colston. He is our difference maker, no doubt.

I know this, next year we will have another WR similar to Colston. Bye bye Joe, Copper and everybody else under 6'4. Okay, all my spilt milk is gone, I guess I can wait until next week.

No doubt I agree 100% we lacked that big target and with our TE position in a bad way as well....

thier is a recipe cooking right now for the Saints. We have lost three in a row. In that span they have have thrown 7 int, three for touchdowns and have fumbled the ball likw what 4 times. I don't care who you are and how good you are you will not win in this league if you give away the ball, period.

Brees throws for 510yds, without his main target. His interceptions in the redzone, killed us and the momentum. His int for a touchdown drilled the screw in deeper. You cannot win in this league giving up the ball that much, period!

They need to get back to what they were doing in the beginning of the season and that will be the true test of the coaching staff, getting this team back on track.

Drew hit a lot of receivers who failed to maintain possession of the pass. Since we'll never know how those drives would have ended if those passes were caught, it's hard to say how the momentum was affected.

However, with hands as sure as Colston's, there's no doubt that had some of those passes been in his hands, there's a good possibility the drives may have led to points and thus could have turned the game in our favor.

However, if all our hopes are 'in the hands' of one player, we are on shaky ground anyway. The other players need to step up no matter who may have to spend some time on the bench.

But I sure hope we get him back real soon. We are a MUCH better team with him in the lineup!

I will take the blame for this one: I added Colston to my Fantasy roster last night. It is the kiss of death. My apologies.:crazy2:

I think so. Amazing that Brees right arm man went down and no one could replace him. I think the two INTs in the enzone would have been for Colston. He is our difference maker, no doubt.

I know this, next year we will have another WR similar to Colston. Bye bye Joe, Copper and everybody else under 6'4. Okay, all my spilt milk is gone, I guess I can wait until next week.

I don't think Colston would have made a difference even if those passes were intended for him. It looked like to me that Brees didn't see the DB sitting there. Again, on the third int. that went back for a TD, Brees didn't see the LB sitting there. Brees thought he had an open target when he actually didn't. Brees' height could have played a role in this. Just a thought.

I don't think having Colston in there would've made a difference. He played last week, and we still turned it over 3 times. Those 2 end zone picks were just bad passes. They would've been picked off even if Colston was there.

I'm sure the coaches will look at things and make changes as needed, as far as the playcalling in the redzone.

I think the Colston loss was substantial. But then again, no team should be that dependent on a rookie WR!!

I don't think having Colston in there would've made a difference. He played last week, and we still turned it over 3 times. Those 2 end zone picks were just bad passes. They would've been picked off even if Colston was there.

I'm sure the coaches will look at things and make changes as needed, as far as the playcalling in the redzone.

Colston is a huge player for us and I think we all realize just how important he is to this team yesterday but I agree with you Buickman.

I don't think having Colston in there would've made a difference... Those 2 end zone picks were just bad passes. They would've been picked off even if Colston was there.

I'm not so sure about that. It seems to me that one of the Saints BIG red-zone plays is the quick slant to Colston (just like the one Chad Johnson caught yesterday). I think had Colston been in there, that play would have been called, and with MC's ability to use his body to shield the defender, we coulda/woulda at least had 6 more.

I just wonder how insane Colstons stats would have been, had he played? I dont think we would have won but Colston would be well over the 1000yd mark.

I'm not so sure about that. It seems to me that one of the Saints BIG red-zone plays is the quick slant to Colston (just like the one Chad Johnson caught yesterday). I think had Colston been in there, that play would have been called, and with MC's ability to use his body to shield the defender, we coulda/woulda at least had 6 more.

Colston also changes the defense in the redzone since he demands so much attention.

Colston hurt me, in fantasy.... but i did have Brees

YES, YES, AND ANOTHER YES. He is a difference maker ineverygame the Saints has played in. COLSTON is a BEAST!! Saints need him back. As I see it he is the #1 WR followed by Joe Horn. COLSTON please hurry up and come back. You are a differnce maker.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom