Would imagine Saints-Cowboys will be moved (1 Viewer)

Saintsphere

1 day I'll add a second Lombardi to my pic. 1 day.
Reaction score
Yeah, America's Team vs America's Team.

ThibodauxSaint

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
Before today I thought that the game would be moved if the Saints win. Now that we did win, I wouldn't doubt that the game will be moved to Sunday night.

primadox

Hurricane Bear Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Houston TX, via Parsippany, NJ and New Orleans
I hope it isn't moved....we have LSU/Texas basketball tickets for that night! I was looking forward to meeting some of the Austin crowd at Woodrow's for the Saints/Cowgirls game that afternoon, and then heading over for the basketball game that night.

Yeti

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
I think that FOX will protect the game. They've been advertising it all throughout the game. No way will they let it go.

Saintsphere

1 day I'll add a second Lombardi to my pic. 1 day.
Reaction score
FOX didn't protect our game with DAL, Yeti.

They did protect our game with NY though.

BRAINFREEZE

Reaction score
question: if you have games moved to 3pm, you still get your chance at the night game, right? it doesn't matter how many get moved to 3? if the giants game has been moved to 3pm, that makes two to date. and that means NEW YEARS EVE NIGHT IN THE SUPERDOME!

Newkie

Geaux Saints
Reaction score
Apparently you can have multiple games moved to Sunday night:

Denver vs. San Diego

AND

Denver vs. Seattle in a couple of weeks.

So. If the Saints-Cowboys game goes to Sunday night, it doesn't mean that the Saints-Panthers matchup can't be moved to Sunday night, especially if it means the NFC South, or has important playoff implications.

ThibodauxSaint

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
Did Fox already set the games that they are protecting or is it a week to week thing? I know they protected the Saints/Giants game because they were advertising it during the game. I would assume that fox is looking ahead and wants to protect the Saints/Panthers game.

OP

TrenchDawg

Reaction score
Did Fox already set the games that they are protecting or is it a week to week thing? I know they protected the Saints/Giants game because they were advertising it during the game. I would assume that fox is looking ahead and wants to protect the Saints/Panthers game.

Are they allowed to protect a game a week? Didn't know if one week FOX got to protect and the next week CBS got to protect.

robsmith32

Super Forum Fanatic
Reaction score
i don't know why so many want it moved.. it kills planning, anyone flying in/out is hurt... anyone has to work NIGHTS it kills.
just to be put in the "Spotlight" timeframe?
i can see benefit for few that work sunday mornings, but for anyone working sunday nights, or out of town, it makes it quite difficult.
heck, the 3pm games i have to leave middle of the 4th.
granted, i'm just 1 person. I'm sure though that as many that travel to games.. It makes it quite a problem.

Loose Cannon

Tangibles
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I hope it isn't moved....we have LSU/Texas basketball tickets for that night! I was looking forward to meeting some of the Austin crowd at Woodrow's for the Saints/Cowgirls game that afternoon, and then heading over for the basketball game that night.

The Texas dogstomping of LSU is on Saturday, not Sunday.

CHEF

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
I believe the announcement for that Sunday game will be made tomorrow (Monday). Fox and CBS are allowed to protect 5 games each in the seven week stretch of flex scheduling. I don't know which games CBS has protected, but FOX is heavily invested in the slumping Giants (who made that choice).

The Saints/Cowboys game is not protected for that week. Thus, it will probably be moved to Sunday night.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

New Orleans Saints Twitter Feed

Headlines

Top Bottom