Would it be the worst thing in the world? (1 Viewer)

BigEZcajin

Saints Lifer
Reaction score
Yes, we want to win the division. But if we don't, wouldn't you rather have the Falcons be the #1 seed?

Before I get crushed, I am strictly going on logic, not emotion.

It is no secret we are a dome team. That is NOT to say we are a finesse team, but we play at least 10 games a year in a dome, and our offense is much to do about rhythm and timing and precision.

When its January, the weather conditions at some of the other leading NFC teams HAVE and WILL affect our natural rhythm. Think Chicago 2006. Adjusting to the weather alone from living in New Orleans is tough for those who don't live in it. Have you lived in freezing temperatures? It sucks, and you have to get used to it. You fly in the day before after living in New Orleans, it screws up your head a little bit. Not to mention your play.

We know Atlanta. We beat Atlanta regularly. We are a better team than Atlanta. We are a better team than anyone else, but I don't want the Saints going to Lambeau Field in January. I don't want them going to New York. I don't want them going to Philly. I don't want them going to Chicago.

I'll take playing in the quiet Georgia Dome that we will most likely fill up with Who Dats anyway over anywhere else. Even if it means (gulp) Falcons have the #1 seed.

Not to mention, wouldn't it be sweet to snag their dream away like that and win another one?

I honestly don't care, playing indoor would be nice and I'm sure we would feel their dome pretty good, as always.
But in terms of match up, GB or Philly are much better for the Saints than Atlanta so it evens out IMO.

I just want the Saints to make sure they win the third match up with Atlanta!!!

Kris

After getting the 5th seed, we would end up playing Atlanta in the second round.

The NFC championship would likely be played against the winner of the NFC North and being the 5th seed, it won't matter if our record is better, we would still play there (meaning Chicago or Green Bay)

So no, I don't want your scenario to happen.\

Edit: Or we play the Eagles in Philly, also bad conditions.

No matter if the Falcons are the #1 or #2, we will have to play outside at some point in the playoffs if we are a wild card (unless we are the 5 and the 6 gets to the championship game, then we'd play at home). Whether its the divisional round or the championship game, we'll play outside at some point.

No, I don't want the team I hate the most, who never lose at home, to have homefield advatange throughout the playoffs.

I think I'll check back on this thread in about 5 weeks. I still think we will win the division. I'll worry about playing outside once it's been determined that we will be playing outside.

#1 NFC south Saints/Falcons
#2 NFC east Philly
#3 NFC north GB/CHI
#4 NFC west anywhere
#5 WC#1 plays at #4
#6 WC#2 plays at #3

Number five if the South is the leading conference, and its not us that wins it, is the best way to go because we get to play at Seattle or SF or Phoenix. And if ATL wins then we play there the next week.

After getting the 5th seed, we would end up playing Atlanta in the second round.

The NFC championship would likely be played against the winner of the NFC North and being the 5th seed, it won't matter if our record is better, we would still play there (meaning Chicago or Green Bay)

So no, I don't want your scenario to happen.\

Edit: Or we play the Eagles in Philly, also bad conditions.

I was thinking the same. First we have to beat some other team before we even get to play the Falcons.
Lets see how this all plays out the next few weeks.

For all the trash talk by Falcons fans on this board, the last thing they want is to have to face us in the playoffs. I do, however, want the Saints to be division champs 2 years running, but we'll see how it plays out.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom