would it change your life or does it not matter (1 Viewer)

aosinc

Very Banned
Reaction score
i have followed the saints since i was thirteen, since 1967 i rode my bike to saints practice on david drive , we lived by the delta gym where i played all sports growing up,i now live in lafayette,i have followed the saints all my life,and have never given up on them,never ,i have been laughed at, joked about, and made fun of , but this could be the year and i believe it is that all those that did not have faith will be thrown to the perils of hell ,as true saints fans will be shown the kingdom of paradise where only true fans will pass through the gates of nfl heaven for many years to come.It will not change my life as i will always say with PRIDE, I AM A NEW ORLEANS SAINTS FAN........ GEAUX SAINTS.

I'm with ya, been a Saints fan for as long as I can remember. wore it's history like a badge of honor.

This season has been quite the experience, and hangin' on for the ride.

I will say, I don't live in the 'area', live in Northwest Louisiana, but have plenty of personaly connections to New Orleans, and it's a favorite visiting destination for me.. But I can ONLY GUESS what it must be like for long time Saints fans, still living in the area, surviving through the crisis that was/is Katrina..

:gosaints:

I will enjoy for thousands of years to come not ever having to hear some clown say "yeah but you never even won a championship" ever again.

I think it would change my life, because I've been so obsessed with the team for so long. Not sure how it would change, but- as any Red Sox fan can attest- there is a part of us that will be lost forever when we the Saints shed their "perennial loser" status. Yeah, I definitely want them to win it all in my lifetime, but as a previous poster stated, being able to withstand the trials and tribulations of being a Saints fan is a badge of honor. I once stopped at a 7-11 for some coffee on the way to a bar here in Los Angeles to watch the Saints play, and I had a guy look at my Aaron Brooks (I know) jersey and say, "How can you pull for a team like that, a team that's never won ANYTHING??" What can you even say to a moron like that? I feel sorry for people that don't understand the things that being a Saints fan has taught me over the years, and will never forget those lessons as we stand victorious in the Super Bowl Promised Land. For guys like Derland, Bruce, Guido, Archie, Hoby, Danny, Fourcade, Poe, Mauti- let's win the whole damn thing!!

It's definitely going to change my life. Everytime I see a person that has in the past made fun of me, told me I was a loser, told me I should like LSU instead of the Saints, told me to burn all my Saints stuff, or just told me that I was stupid for loving the Saints so damn much, will have the $#!* knocked out of them. I will indent the crest of my replica Super Bowl XLI Championship Ring on their forehead, and then I will spraypaint a black fleur de lis on their chest and yell "WHO DAT!?". That is all.

i have followed the saints since i was thirteen, since 1967 i rode my bike to saints practice on david drive , we lived by the delta gym where i played all sports growing up,i now live in lafayette,i have followed the saints all my life,and have never given up on them,never ,i have been laughed at, joked about, and made fun of , but this could be the year and i believe it is that all those that did not have faith will be thrown to the perils of hell ,as true saints fans will be shown the kingdom of paradise where only true fans will pass through the gates of nfl heaven for many years to come.It will not change my life as i will always say with PRIDE, I AM A NEW ORLEANS SAINTS FAN........ GEAUX SAINTS.

Man seems we must be kin.. Ive been having season tickets since 1967 also and have lived in Lafaytte all of that.. Think of all the gas $$ we could have saved by car pooling...lol...

Will it change my life?? My daughter has said she is pulling for the Saints to NOT win the SB cause i have stated more than once that my life will be complete then and the Good Lord can have me....lol

I had a Tiger Fan come into a meeting the other day and say... "Man all of you Saints fans are starting to get on my nerves".... Talk about the pot calling the kettle black..lol.. now dont go off on me tiger fans.. Just for an LSU fan to say ANYONE is too brash.... well anyway....lol

I don't think it would change my life, we would have bragging rights for the next year. But I can hear it now, mostof my crew (work) are from and Texasand are Dallas fans, so I know they would say its only one. But in all fairness, I have been telling them it took the Pats 42 years to win their first one and when they did they won 3 out of 4 years, and you must admit we have a team that is similar in character, just a better offense.

I have also been a saints fan my entire life My dad wasw at the first game and has held season tickets every year since. (He missed my birth to watch the saints Dalls game in '71. I aint mad though Luckily ( or maybe by planning) All of my 4 sons were born in the offseason. Any how I moved to Lafayette in 1997 and now watch the games alone cause I havent met any real Saints fans here the people here move like the tide in and out no consistency or LOYALTy to the team, It has been frustrating as hell. Good to know that there are true fans here in Lafayette with me. My life has changed already.:worthy: :worthy:

This year has already changed my life. Im so obsessed a win or loss determines my mood at work for a few days. A big hole in my life would be filled. I've been a fan so long people are calling me that I havent talked to in several years just to see how happy I am. I think when it does happen...its going to fuel my fire even more, but I will remain the same humble Saints fan and not rub it in like these Hawk fans up here in Seattle do... I traveled to 11 different stadiums to watch the Saints play..and every SINGLE penny spent was worth it, I think thats what makes this year so special...Plus I already had my superbowl win..The first game back in the dome !!

I have been down a similar road as you with this team, since its birth. Our beliefs about this team and being a fan of this team are probably about the same (but our beliefs about theology are probably a little different. LOL! )

My Saints

Over the years I have listened to other fans ridicule me about the Saints. "Why pull for a team that is always a loser". "They are the doormat of the League" Especially up here in Shreveport, I get that a lot from Cowgirls fans.(which is one of the reasons I hate the Cowboys)

Anyway, my gandpa was from south Mississppi and was a huge fan, when they came into the league.

He took me to my very first game in 1981. That was a great time for me, I was 7 and worshiped my grandpa. He would tell me how the Saints are always the underdogs, but he still had the faith that they will go and win the big one.

He would tell me what is a true testament of a fan. No matter how bad your team is, you always stand behind your team. That shows other fans, what kind of character you are. That you are loyal and that you will always believe things wll get better.

He died the following year, knowing the Saints will one day make it to the promise land

That is why I love the Saints, because everytime I watch them , I feel my grandpa is there watching it with me, cheering them on. The team gives me a connection to my grandpa.

That is why I cheer for my Saints and Grandpa "will" be true to his word

P.S. I remember he once said to me " The true success of a man, is not measured by how much money he can get, but how many people show up at his funeral.

He had was poor, but man there were a lot of people at his funeral.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom