would it change your life or does it not matter (1 Viewer)

No matter what, I will always be a Saints fan until the day I die, but wouldn't it be nice to win the big one. I think so!

It's definitely going to change my life. Everytime I see a person that has in the past made fun of me, told me I was a loser, told me I should like LSU instead of the Saints, told me to burn all my Saints stuff, or just told me that I was stupid for loving the Saints so damn much, will have the $#!* knocked out of them. I will indent the crest of my replica Super Bowl XLI Championship Ring on their forehead, and then I will spraypaint a black fleur de lis on their chest and yell "WHO DAT!?". That is all.
I will never understand why it always has to be one or the other. I went to LSU and have been an LSU fan from the time I could understand what football was. I got the eye of the tiger tattooed onto my right arm when they won the championship. But being an LSU fan does not diminish my love of the Saints in any way. The Saints have been my team since 1967 and they always will. I still have a spot on my left arm for the fleur-de-lis.

It's not that I was off the Saints Roller Coaster (some may call it a bandwagon), but I didn't post here much because it used to be so painful that I couldn't find much good in our performance. I would have been banded for sure. I have been a member of this site since 2001, but I have yet to hit the 1000 post mark. This year alone, I have posted more giberish (my opinions) as I have been absolutely thrilled. If they would have finished the season 8 - 8, I'd be tickled black and gold. But, alas, they have dissapointed me and finished above that. I really did think 9 - 7 and though everyone was crazy if they thought any less.

We are where we are with the potential for better and it has made me a babbling fool.

Great thread, I too have been cursed with being a lifetime fan.... I am pulling for a Saints Superbowl win more for my dad then for me - he is an original season ticket holder and lives and dies with the Saints.

I will never understand why it always has to be one or the other. I went to LSU and have been an LSU fan from the time I could understand what football was. I got the eye of the tiger tattooed onto my right arm when they won the championship. But being an LSU fan does not diminish my love of the Saints in any way. The Saints have been my team since 1967 and they always will. I still have a spot on my left arm for the fleur-de-lis.

...True Story.

I've thought about this on a few occaisions. Without question, it wouldn't change my life. It would be nice to have the World Champion, New Orleans Saints all over the Dome (inside and out) and on a tee shirt, hat or some other stuff.

The important things in this life for me is God, family, friends, our health and relationships. Those are the things that "really" matter.

For me the Saints and LSU are a nice diversion from "life". A chance to take a break.

Merry Christmas to you all and Happy Holidays.

CC

Last edited:
I've thought about this on a few occaisions. Without question, it wouldn't change me life. It would be nice to have the World Champion, New Orleans Saints all over the Dome (inside and out) and on a tee shirt, hat or some other stuff.

The important things in this life for me is God, family, friends, our health and relationships. Those are the things that "really" matter.

For me the Saints and LSU are a nice diversion from "life". A chance to take a break.

CC

Amen!

Agree with these as priorites, with sports being a diversion, and with wishing everyone a Merry Christmas, a Happy New Year, and I will add, a very Happy 4th of February!

I've thought about this on a few occaisions. Without question, it wouldn't change me life. It would be nice to have the World Champion, New Orleans Saints all over the Dome (inside and out) and on a tee shirt, hat or some other stuff.

CC

Man, I could not have put this any better if I tried. :plus-un2:

I've thought about this on a few occaisions. Without question, it wouldn't change my life. It would be nice to have the World Champion, New Orleans Saints all over the Dome (inside and out) and on a tee shirt, hat or some other stuff.

CC

It doesn't mean that I don't get fired up over a win or loss): but it's not the true meaning of life after I settle down and think about it.

Hey aosinc. I feel you man. I was also 13 yrs old opening day. A freind of mine who's father worked for Dixie brewer who gave us the tickets for the game he won at work. We took the Kenner Express from River Ridge to the street car line then to Tulane U. The game was great even though we lost. I've been hooked ever since.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom