Would loomis follow Payton to his new job in 2 years (1 Viewer)

ChopperSaint

Official gum of champions
Reaction score
Payton has the clout to make just about any demand he wants to his new team . If Payton says I want loomis I’m sure the new team will accommodate that .

Payton has the clout to make just about any demand he wants to his new team . If Payton says I want loomis I’m sure the new team will accommodate that .
I didn’t know they were such close friends until the press conference yesterday, so I guess it’s not unreasonable to think that could maybe happen.

If you ever thought Sean had full rein to do what he wants, you weren't watching Mickey. Mickey knows what he has here, he will not go somewhere else.

If loomis leaves, will gayle benson leave too?

Looks like the sky is falling and the saints are over with because of coach leaving.

Give me a break. He put 16 years in with the one of best qbs to play the game. Several other teams are improving and making playoffs. Loomis aint leaving.

Assuming Payton eventually goes to the Cowboys like everyone seems to believe then NO. Jerry Jones would never ever give up his GM duties…..not even for a better chance of winning another SB.

He's staying in the area even made comments that seemed like he wasn't done with the organization in the future, just done coaching for now. He could come back as GM when ML decides to retire.
He said in the presser that he had just purchased a new home in the area. You don't do that when you are planning on retiring and moving away to a new team. I think he will be involved with the Saints in some capacity after he takes a year off. Either that or he goes to work for a network and is a studio guy like Johnson, et al.

He said in the presser that he had just purchased a new home in the area. You don't do that when you are planning on retiring and moving away to a new team. I think he will be involved with the Saints in some capacity after he takes a year off. Either that or he goes to work for a network and is a studio guy like Johnson, et al.

Exactly.

Hard to speculate on something so completely unknown.

(The short answer, of course, is Dallas isn't hiring a GM as long as Jones is alive.) ;)

In all seriousness, Payton's farewell address left me believing that he'll coach again, but it remains to be seen what the circumstances of a future opportunity will even look like.

Loomis, on the other hand, was here before him and is more entwined with Benson's sports franchises, serving as EVP for both the Saints and Pelicans.

But in the wake of yesterday, the reminder is we really have no idea what motivates and interests Loomis, or what his plans are a year from now, or five years.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom