Would loomis follow Payton to his new job in 2 years (1 Viewer)

He's staying in the area even made comments that seemed like he wasn't done with the organization in the future, just done coaching for now. He could come back as GM when ML decides to retire.

This is something I've been wondering about.. Whether Payton might take a similar career arc as Parcells, going from coach to GM.

Loomis has been around since the Haslett days and was with the Seahawks for 15 years before that. He could be preparing to retire soon for all we know. Or moving up in the the organizations.

Why would he do that, not to mention that the team hiring Payton would already have a general manager who would be hiring Payton?

This is something I've been wondering about.. Whether Payton might take a similar career arc as Parcells, going from coach to GM.

Loomis has been around since the Haslett days and was with the Seahawks for 15 years before that. He could be preparing to retire soon for all we know. Or moving up in the the organizations.
This could be what’s happening, never know…

I have been looking around and can find no information on what the contract is for Mickey Loomis. Is he on some long term deal with The Benson Organization, Saints, Pelicans, etc. I would be very curious to know what kind of contractual obligations he has to The Benson Organization, Saints and Pelicans. By all accounts he is very close to Sean Payton, so I would remove him from ANY discussions whatsoever in regards to any potential "trade" or release of the Saints "rights" to Sean Payton as a potential coach in the NFL. I want him to have zero input or say whatsoever if a team comes sniffing around for the rights to Payton. Hey Jerry, the deal starts at two, 1's, two 2's and two 3's plus the Taysom Hill contact dollars. Start with that and Gayle will negotiate up from there.

He said in the presser that he had just purchased a new home in the area. You don't do that when you are planning on retiring and moving away to a new team. I think he will be involved with the Saints in some capacity after he takes a year off. Either that or he goes to work for a network and is a studio guy like Johnson, et al.
I really do think if Payton comes back itll be in the office in some capacity, somewhere. I think he is done with coaching. He has nothing left to prove and little to gain

I do think Payton is looking for a team with an established qb. Dak and cowboys

Stop with these threads, are we Saints fans or Payton fans or Loomis fans....who cares who is here or not, it's about being a fan of the football team.

No offense to OP but these threads have panic written all over them and people just losing their minds lol

Loomis isn't following Payton anywhere, none of this makes sense

Take a deep breath, count to 10

Hell, Gayle may follow payton too....

Doesn't anyone remember that last year there was an announcement about the succession plan and how Loomis was heading it?

He is going nowhere. If you want to look for a deeper meaning, start thinking about what role he and/or CSP might take in the upcoming transition that has been described as making it impossible to move the Saints from NOLA.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom