Would love Burrow but desperately want Jefferson. (1 Viewer)

AmerVet

The 1 Arm Receiver
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I have been propping up Joe as long as any Burrow fan, but I'm well aware that we have a 000.1 shot of acquiring the LSU gunslinger. Also, I am one of the Saints fans who believes that Taysom is our future and may be highly underrated as a passer. The Saints haven't had a consistent receiving core since Colston, Dev, Meach, and Moore. The team has been able to maintain success offensively thanks to Drew's ability to throw accurate balls to either average, underachieving, or outright garbage players like Cooks, Ginn, Coleman, Snead, Morgan, Toon, Carr and Lewis.

It's obvious that our coach prefers to pass the ball in his offensive gameplan, but as of late we are all realizing that Drew isn't getting any real help outside of Thomas and the emerging Cook. Smith has made plays but hasn't figured out how to create separation, and Drew isn't going to throw to you if you can't get open. Thomas, Cook, and Hill could all create separation and were very effective. The only problem is, one is a freaking QB, and only one is a receiver. I like Harris more than Ginn and I believe that he can be a dynamic piece to this offense once coach starts to really draw him into the offensive game plan.

I never cared about us not going after LSU players because we seemed to always draft effective players regardless of the program they came from. This time I do care. LSU has 3 NFL wrs but Jefferson is arguably the most skilled. His abilty to stop on a dime, shift his hips, and accelerate forwards is world class. He is a calm runner with superb timing, who after securing the catch, only has to plant his foot to completely lose a defender for insane YAC. We all image a perfect lineup, and Jefferson is in mine.

I'd imagine Peat replaced with a ham sandwich, Ram, Warford McCoy, and Armstead on the line. Brees behind center, Kamara in the backfield, Cook at TE, Thomas and Smith on the outside, and Jefferson in the slot. Drew would have 2
players working inside the hashes that can get open. Thomas would be able to abuse 1on1 match ups with LBs and safeties.

Thomas
Smith
Jefferson
Harris
Kirkwood
Cook
Hill

I have been propping up Joe as long as any Burrow fan, but I'm well aware that we have a 000.1 shot of acquiring the LSU gunslinger. Also, I am one of the Saints fans who believes that Taysom is our future and may be highly underrated as a passer. The Saints haven't had a consistent receiving core since Colston, Dev, Meach, and Moore. The team has been able to maintain success offensively thanks to Drew's ability to throw accurate balls to either average, underachieving, or outright garbage players like Cooks, Ginn, Coleman, Snead, Morgan, Toon, Carr and Lewis.

It's obvious that our coach prefers to pass the ball in his offensive gameplan, but as of late we are all realizing that Drew isn't getting any real help outside of Thomas and the emerging Cook. Smith has made plays but hasn't figured out how to create separation, and Drew isn't going to throw to you if you can't get open. Thomas, Cook, and Hill could all create separation and were very effective. The only problem is, one is a freaking QB, and only one is a receiver. I like Harris more than Ginn and I believe that he can be a dynamic piece to this offense once coach starts to really draw him into the offensive game plan.

I never cared about us not going after LSU players because we seemed to always draft effective players regardless of the program they came from. This time I do care. LSU has 3 NFL wrs but Jefferson is arguably the most skilled. His abilty to stop on a dime, shift his hips, and accelerate forwards is world class. He is a calm runner with superb timing, who after securing the catch, only has to plant his foot to completely lose a defender for insane YAC. We all image a perfect lineup, and Jefferson is in mine.

I'd imagine Peat replaced with a ham sandwich, Ram, Warford McCoy, and Armstead on the line. Brees behind center, Kamara in the backfield, Cook at TE, Thomas and Smith on the outside, and Jefferson in the slot. Drew would have 2
players working inside the hashes that can get open. Thomas would be able to abuse 1on1 match ups with LBs and safeties.

Thomas
Smith
Jefferson
Harris
Kirkwood
Cook
Hill
Loved this post until you took a shot at Peat. Pathetic.

If he’s there in the third... sure. We don’t have a second round pick and there will be better value with other players @24.

Some other receiver kept killing Clemson...maybe Jamar something? At least I kept hearing his name.

Ja'Marr Chase won the award for being the best WR in College Football, and yet it was Justin Jefferson who drew the constant double teams from Clemson because of the damage he did against Oklahoma. It was the perfect example of why people here having been screaming for a legitimate #2 WR. Double Chase like Oklahoma did? Jefferson kills you. Double Jefferson like Clemson did? Chase kills you.

For the Saints... double Michael Thomas... and nobody else kills you.

That's a big problem.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom