Would Mckenzie make a better safety? (1 Viewer)

Just so everyone is clear, and we don't put too much blame on one person and not enough on another. On Parkers second long run, the one where Craft caught him at the 10 late in the 4th, Mckenzie lost the containment on the side that Parker broke free on, and when Mckenzie and craft ran into each other in the 3rd quarter, letting ward get a big first down, Mckenzie ran into Craft.

Let's not make this a Mckenzie kiss *** thread, when he basically blew chunks all day.

No Craft ran into Mckenzie. Mckenzie was running step for step with ward and craft came across the middle and nailed him. As for the containment on Parker...I didn't pay attention on that play. I think its odd that a CB would be left to contain outside on a running play. CB's usually just get blocked by WR's on plays like that. Isn't that what a LB is for? Even so how does that mean he blew chunks all day?

Mckenzie played great in pass coverage and made some big tackles in the run department yesterday. So yeah I may be kissing Mckenzies's ***, so what?

Just so everyone is clear, and we don't put too much blame on one person and not enough on another. On Parkers second long run, the one where Craft caught him at the 10 late in the 4th, Mckenzie lost the containment on the side that Parker broke free on, and when Mckenzie and craft ran into each other in the 3rd quarter, letting ward get a big first down, Mckenzie ran into Craft.

Let's not make this a Mckenzie kiss *** thread, when he basically blew chunks all day.

Glad someone else noticed.

Footballoutsiders has a theory: front seven give up eight yard runs, secondary gives up the big ones. McKenzie bit to the inside when he was not needed there and gave Parker the big run.

BTW, explaining how Craft caught Parker is difficult.

Glad someone else noticed.

Footballoutsiders has a theory: front seven give up eight yard runs, secondary gives up the big ones. McKenzie bit to the inside when he was not needed there and gave Parker the big run.

BTW, explaining how Craft caught Parker is difficult.

A great angle I guess...I was a little surpised to see him get tackled on both his long runs. Not that it mattered since they punched them in.

Bullocks is solid... and he's still going to get better. Typically, it takes safeties about as long, or longer, to mature at the NFL level.

Also, it was Bullocks who picked off Charlie Frye late in the Cleveland game, that basically ended Cleveland's hopes at a last minute comeback.
Bullocks has struggled terribly in coverage this year. I do not know if it is the scheme or his aggressive tendencies. He bites on play fakes and pumps. Did you see how far out of the play he was on the Wilson TD? He is consistently late reacting.

Rookie mistakes. But he is aggressive. That is what makes him such a ballhawk. I would rather have aggressive corners and solid safeties rather than the opposite.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom