Would our second SB be the sweetest in professional sports history? (1 Viewer)

CowtownSaint

The Excellence of Execution
Reaction score
Today, as I sat down for a beer, after a brutal few days of snow removal, I looked up to the tv at the bar. I saw a countdown list of the best plays of the year so far. Lattimore's INT was there and it evoked quite a bit of emotion from me. I got to thinking about our season. Got to thinking about all of the seasons I had played, Coached. All the years as a Who Dat. The blown call wasn't anything new, we have seen these type of things go against us in good times and bad over the years with good teams and bad. Its almost something so tragic that we are used to such life changing calls and decisions. This one was certainly the worst ever and had legacy altering effects...

BUT. This season, moving forward and having cap issues, low draft capital, you have to believe that this is going to be talked about and considered our last big kick at the can. I cant imagine a scenario other than EVERYONE buying in for one last shot. We have come so damn close the last two seasons, this HAS to be the year we get it done! This has got to be our year and he have to go all out to finish it right. I believe we will finally get back one last time with Brees and Payton.

If and when we do, considering all of the outside circumstances, the league, the time, the rebuilding, the heartbreaking losses, I would contend that it would be arguably the best championship win in the history of sport. It would certainly be the sweetest!

I am well aware that it is Feb and we have a long way to go. I just cant help but think its now or never and we must finally claim what is ours this season

My hope is that the team stays focused and healthy. We have what it takes to win it all. I don't doubt that we can do it. The team, at least at this time, is galvanized by the bs that was this post-season. You can see it in their eyes during the interviews, they are miffed BIG TIME.

Let's hope they hone that anger into a sharp instrument of annihilation and obliterate the league where absolutely no game comes down to the officials.

Last edited:
Our second Super Bowl is certainly long overdue. I don’t even know how I’d react if we won another. Laugh, cry with happiness or drink. Probably all the above.

Today, as I sat down for a beer, after a brutal few days of snow removal, I looked up to the tv at the bar. I saw a countdown list of the best plays of the year so far. Lattimore's INT was there and it evoked quite a bit of emotion from me. I got to thinking about our season. Got to thinking about all of the seasons I had played, Coached. All the years as a Who Dat. The blown call wasn't anything new, we have seen these type of things go against us in good times and bad over the years with good teams and bad. Its almost something so tragic that we are used to such life changing calls and decisions. This one was certainly the worst ever and had legacy altering effects...

BUT. This season, moving forward and having cap issues, low draft capital, you have to believe that this is going to be talked about and considered our last big kick at the can. I cant imagine a scenario other than EVERYONE buying in for one last shot. We have come so damn close the last two seasons, this HAS to be the year we get it done! This has got to be our year and he have to go all out to finish it right. I believe we will finally get back one last time with Brees and Payton.

If and when we do, considering all of the outside circumstances, the league, the time, the rebuilding, the heartbreaking losses, I would contend that it would be arguably the best championship win in the history of sport. It would certainly be the sweetest!

I am well aware that it is Feb and we have a long way to go. I just cant help but think its now or never and we must finally claim what is ours this season
While there is no doubt that a SuperBowl championship this would be the ultimate justification for what took place in the NFCCG, that feeling would still mainly be limited to Saints fans and those who sympathize with what happened to us. But that certainly isn't the entire NFL fan base.

If the Saints want to make that happen, they simply have to play better than every other team they face. The fact is that the Saints will need to make some important upgrades to the team and find some serviceable depth as well. And keep in mind also that every other team will change as well. No one can know for sure from season to season which teams will make the biggest improvements and/or which teams will take a few steps back from their previous high rankings.

We just need to remain one of the elite teams in the league and good things will happen for us. And I will be one of those people who believes we can get the deal done as long as we don't forget that no one owes us anything. We still have to get out there and earn it!

Honestly, I'm so disenchanted right now that I'm not sure how I will feel if they win the stupidbowl.

Oh, probably I'll get back into it as soon as they kickoff, but my excitement about the upcoming season sure doesn't feel the same today as normal.

Instead of being excited, I'm still angry.

After suffering the following since 2009:

BeastQuake
The Catch 3
BountyGate
Seattle dominating us
Team implosion and rebuild
Minneapolis Miracle
The No Call

I think we are overdue some good Superbowl karma. It been rough since that Superbowl victory.

Honestly, I'm so disenchanted right now that I'm not sure how I will feel if they win the stupidbowl.

Oh, probably I'll get back into it as soon as they kickoff, but my excitement about the upcoming season sure doesn't feel the same today as normal.

Instead of being excited, I'm still angry.

I'm still skeptical that the games will be officiated fairly. That entire fourth quarter was a blatant screwjob with the obvious goal of getting an LA team to the Superbowl.

It's as bad as the NBA during the Jordan years.

I think we as fans sold our souls to the football devil for the super bowl. Be honest how many of you, myself included, said, "I just want to see us win one super bowl before I die". Well...........
So to answer your question...yes. Because the cards have been obviously stacked against us since 09.

Definitely in the history of the NFL. But with all due respect to Who Dat Nation, myself included, Red Sox and Cubs fans might argue with that. Also, New York Rangers fans. (And I'm not including high school and college sports - go watch Hoosiers.)

What always gets me is when I think of all the diehard fans who passed away before the 2009 season. I get emotional thinking about my grandparents who got my mother into the Saints in the 70s, and how my mother taught me to love the Saints the way she taught me to love collard greens. My grandparents died never seeing or thinking the city of New Orleans would taste SB glory. I have 3 kids and my youngest was 1 years old when we won. I am thankful to be among the the loyal fans who weathered heartbreak after heartbreak only to see a broken down player change the lagecy of a once broken down football city. I want to see Drew go out a champion because he among all others is deserving after what he did for this city and especially the NFL. Don't forget that Drew and Tom have been great ambassadors for the league, and gave the NFL the model standard for what a QB should be in today's NFL. Leadership, hard work, and drive.

I’m just worried that if we do win it all next year people will say that the fix was in because we were so blatantly robbed this year

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom