N/S Would Payton Ever Consider Giving Up Playcalling? (1 Viewer)

Saintsfan8989

SaintSational
Reaction score
First off, I don't want SP to give up playcalling on offense. He's the best in the business. This is purely hypothetical.

Do you think he would ever bring in an offensive mind like Hue Jackson to call plays on offense? Also, how often do you think he has input on the defensive playcalling? For example, do you think there are times when he asks Allen not to call a certain play?

SP seems like a control freak. I think he takes huge pride in his offensive genius. I could be very well wrong, but I doubt it, unless his son, Sean McVay, came to work for him as OC - lol

There was a year where Pete Carmichael was giving play calling duties I don’t remember what year but at some point he took him back. Ever since then he’s kept them himself. I see no situation where he would ever give up playcalling duties. It’s his offense his baby he’s going to run it

There was a year where Pete Carmichael was giving play calling duties I don’t remember what year but at some point he took him back. Ever since then he’s kept them himself. I see no situation where he would ever give up playcalling duties. It’s his offense his baby he’s going to run it

Bingo.
Think it’s the time he had his leg broken.
And obviously someone else had it too when he was suspended.

Maybe when Sean gets older and Drew gets his jacket and returns as our offensive coordinator... In that world, yes Sean lets Drew call "some" plays.

First off, I don't want SP to give up playcalling on offense. He's the best in the business. This is purely hypothetical.

Do you think he would ever bring in an offensive mind like Hue Jackson to call plays on offense? Also, how often do you think he has input on the defensive playcalling? For example, do you think there are times when he asks Allen not to call a certain play?

Why would he do that with Pete Carmichael still on staff? That would be a huge slap in his face if you ask me.

Maybe when Sean gets older and Drew gets his jacket and returns as our offensive coordinator... In that world, yes Sean lets Drew call "some" plays.

I don't think Drew would really be interested in that. Also when I went back to check out Carmichael's career I didn't realize he was with Drew in San Diego and followed him here, so again like I don't see Payton spitting in the face of Pete I don't see Drew doing it either.

I thought he might be ready to turn it over to Pete in a year or two. But then this year happened and you can see he is having too much fun to give it up anytime soon.

Why as fans would we EVER want Payton and Carmichael not on the same sideline?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom