Would somebody Please make sense of this for me? (1 Viewer)

parlorcitysaint

WhoDat in exile.
Reaction score
In the eagles/bears game, Vick's stats:

24 of 37 for 255 yards, 1 TD and 1 pick = 104.7 passer rating

Cutler?

14 of 21 for 247 yards, 4 TDs and no picks = 90.4 passer rating

Cutler's passed for almost as many yards on fewer completions, has completed a higher percentage of his passes, has 4 TDs compared to Vick's one, and has no picks. I fail to see how this passer rating evaluation system is accurate. Cutler's simply made better decisions, and made more out of each pass that he's thrown.

Cutler?

14 of 21 for 247 yards, 4 TDs and no picks

Cutler's passed for almost as many yards on fewer completions, has completed a higher percentage of his passes, has 4 TDs compared to Vick's one, and has no picks. I fail to see how this passer rating evaluation system is accurate.

passer rating?

A = (comp. % - 30) / 20
B = (avg. gain - 3) / 4
C = TD% / 5
D = (9.5 - Int %) / 4
QB rating = ((A+B+C+D) / 6)*100

Cutler?

14 of 21 for 247 yards, 4 TDs and no picks = 90.4 passer rating

Cutler's passed for almost as many yards on fewer completions, has completed a higher percentage of his passes, has 4 TDs compared to Vick's one, and has no picks. I fail to see how this passer rating evaluation system is accurate. Cutler's simply made better decisions, and made more out of each pass that he's thrown.

It's pretty complicated, but I'll see if I can explain it adequately.

Your stats are wrong.

How'd I do?

It's pretty complicated, but I'll see if I can explain it adequately.

Your stats are wrong.

How'd I do?
Maybe at game's end, but not when I posted. Those were the numbers provided by cbssports. At that time, if those stats were inaccurate, the fault is cbs'.

Maybe at game's end, but not when I posted. Those were the numbers provided by cbssports. At that time, if those stats were inaccurate, the fault is cbs'.
If you trust a network that gainfully employs Pete Prisco then I'd say you have your share of the blame.

Or the fan who uncritically accepted numbers which, at a glance, were incorrect.
Perhaps you'd like to phone me the results as the day wears on? I get the info where I can. That their numbers were incorrect (I wrote 'em down just as they were), may bear a certain weight as to whether or not I'll return there for stats. Not all of us have the same access to the stats as you do.

Don't you think that maybe the PR looking wrong to me, might have been the cause for my OP? Rather than being quite so full of yourself, perhaps you might exhibit exactly why you got that professor pigskin award. From what I've seen, you stole it.

If you trust a network that gainfully employs Pete Prisco then I'd say you have your share of the blame.
Fair enough. It's unlikely that I return there for my numbers. Clearly, their "journalistic integrity" is further in debate.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom