Would the 2006 Saints season make a good movie? (1 Viewer)

Saintsphere

1 day I'll add a second Lombardi to my pic. 1 day.
Reaction score
Team goes through Hurricane Katrina, signs injured QB proven to show he still has it, drafts hyped up RB, lowly round WR comes in and plays big, emotional homecoming, playoff appearance (?), Super Bowl appearance (?!!!)

Honestly, our script is just writing itself.

It would make a horrilble movie because the plot is so far-fetched... You really can't write the kind of stuff that's going on with the '06 Saints because you'd get laughed out of Hollywood.....

No. They'll give everyone (including Brees) that stupid accent. Benson will be Boss Hogg in a Panama hat. Payton's office will have that slowly turning ceiling fan. No ACs to be found, though everyone is so damn hot & sweaty. Dont forget the mandatory parade scene, but it'll probably happen before a game in Nov. They'll flashback to discovering Lewis in the swamps smuggling beer with his air boat, and he begs for a tryout.

...and Rita Leblanc will be some Vodoo practicing Southern belle who calls everyone "cher" while sipping her mint julep. :hihi:

No. They'll give everyone (including Brees) that stupid accent. Benson will be Boss Hogg in a Panama hat. Payton's office will have that slowly turning ceiling fan. No ACs to be found, though everyone is so damn hot & sweaty. Dont forget the mandatory parade scene, but it'll probably happen before a game in Nov. They'll flashback to discovering Lewis in the swamps smuggling beer with his air boat, and he begs for a tryout.
:_rofl::lol:

Has there ever been a team that went from second to last to super bowl?

Has there ever been a team that went from second to last to super bowl?

The closest I can think of off the top of my head is the Rams who went from 4-12 to superbowl champs.

Don't forget the New Orleans Police Dept and Gov Blanco (with Gov Edwards playing the part of Blanco personal advisor) bribing, blackmailing and harrassing the NFL to get the Saints in the SB (with bad accents).

Cleveland didn't have a catastrophe like Katrina, but I think the Cleveland Indians beat us to the punch with "Major League" (though that movie was released long before they made it to the World Series). I think Kurt Warner's story from born-again Christian stock boy in the supermarket to Super Bowl MVP was big screen-worthy but that never made it to the big screen, lol...

Who would they cast?

Payton = Frankie Muniz?

Horn = Denzel

Brees = James Vanderbeek (already has football movie experience)?

Carney = Patrick Stewart

Colston = The token black guy from Not another Teen Movie?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom