Would the eagles take Dion Jordan that high? (1 Viewer)

WHODATDYLAN

Veteran Starter
Reaction score
Just curious to what y'all think considering who their head coach is. I know they have bigger needs but I've seen crazier things

Yeah I think you're right. I just heard Chip Kelly on NFL network and he seemed to have a huge man crush on Jordan. That's the only reason why I ask.

No way. They have pass rushers. I'm more worried about the Raiders than the Eagles.

I am on record as not a Dion Jordan fan. He is a Al Davis pick- looks good getting off the bus. I know people believe his numbers are limited because he was used in coverage so much, but his numbers suck at that too. He only has two passes defended in three years. He is a 6'6" 230 lbs speed rusher. When real 320 lb tackles in the NFL get there hands on him he will be in trouble. If I was a oc I would run at him every play. I think Taylor is the same player as Jordan that will be drafted where that type of project should. A real playmaker is Brandon Jenkins. He has more than one move, and has the numbers to back him up. If he did not get hurt he would have been a top ten pick. I hope we go either Richardson or s/cb in the first and Jenkins in the third.

I'd be surprised. They have some good pass rushers on that team and they used to play the wide 9 so their DE's are somewhat used to rushing from out wide, just now it'll be in a 2 point stance.

On the other hand they have jack **** on their o-line and they are in prime position to land one of the top 2 tackles. We'll see what they do in FA but my money is still on a franchise tackle.

Chip knows him best...its possibe because they are thinking about swithing to olb. Then again it could be a pete caroll/Taylor mays situation.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

I am starting to fear that Jordan is not going to dominate as an outside backer. If he goes to the Eagles than that is fine with me. I would rather take a top notch 3-tech to solidify the defensive line. I think Galette and Broughton and a 3rd rounder for our pass rushers is our best strategy. Also look for a mid range SOLB free agent.

Mike Mayock has him rated as the #1 OLB in the draft, but what does he know. I'm sure our opinions are much more valid. :rolleyes:

Mayock's rankings have been wrong a lot, McCoy over Suh, Gabbert over Newton, there are a lot more, but I personally like Jordan.

Is he working out at the combine?

Yes, he put off surgery to work out. Shows the guy's competitiveness and toughness. On the other hand, you have Jarvis Jones who has chosen not to work out at all.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom