Would the Saints and 49ers do this Draft Day Trade? (1 Viewer)

anything is possible.just don't see us trading down.i would love to see it. 5with the rookie cap scale as it is teas are willing to trad al over the place . loo what those dirty birds did a couple years ago to get jones with the 6th pick.

The best thing that could happen to the 49ers is for them to have to make all those draft picks. No way will 14 or 15 draft picks make their team, they would have to cut most of them. We can line up and take a few of their castoffs for free. If they don't get trade partners to give some of those picks away, they will have wasted draft picks. I hate the 49ers!!!!

Which is one reason they are highly likely to trade up in this draft. In all likelihood, they will be looking to go higher than #15, but if they don't get takers and the guy they want is still there at #15, I'd love to see either scenario #1 or #2 happen. Even #3 would be okay, but I'd be happier if we milked them for one of the other scenarios.

Hindsight is always 20/20. How were we to know the guys you listed would end up this good and Jenkins wouldn't live up to expectations?

But remember, Jenkins was part of our SB winning team and so if we didn't draft him it could have set off a whole chain of events and we don't end up winning it all, so I'm pretty happy with the choice we made.

An efficient scouting personnel that does their homework thoroughly is suppose to know. That's 10 players that I named - 3 in the 1st, 7 in the 2nd.. all taken after Jenkins. The majority of them are in a league of their own in talent above MJ. It seems like we consistently have our sights set far too much on one player and not have any sense to be open-minded on exploring a variety of ways to improve out of stubbornness in each of those drafts. I find it hard to believe pro scouts didn't have an idea on how good that many early round prospects could be and what they could've did for this team. If that really is the case, than our scouting department are in worst shape than I thought because we cant recognize legitimate talent for **** when it comes to drafting defense

Saying Jenkins was apart of the Super Bowl run to justify the pick is ignoring everything that Sharper, Brees, Payton, and the rest of our offense did because they were the main reasons we got there. Randall Gay and Troy Evans was apart of the SB run too, how significant is that though? Without Gay, Greer, and Porter being hurt, Jenkins wouldn't have seen the field that year

There would have to be a player that the niners REALLY wanted for them to come up to 15. A lot of people feel that there isn't that much difference in picks 10-50 in this draft. Unless there is someone on the board that they feel is a real difference maker, the trade doesn't make sense for them. As a Saints fan, it would be great...but I just don't see it happening.

I'd love the first 2. This draft is crazy deep with good players in the top 100.

Probably wont happen though.

An efficient scouting personnel that does their homework thoroughly is suppose to know. That's 10 players that I named - 3 in the 1st, 7 in the 2nd.. all taken after Jenkins. The majority of them are in a league of their own in talent above MJ. It seems like we consistently have our sights set far too much on one player and not have any sense to be open-minded on exploring a variety of ways to improve out of stubbornness in each of those drafts. I find it hard to believe pro scouts didn't have an idea on how good that many early round prospects could be and what they could've did for this team. If that really is the case, than our scouting department are in worst shape than I thought because we cant recognize legitimate talent for **** when it comes to drafting defense

Saying Jenkins was apart of the Super Bowl run to justify the pick is ignoring everything that Sharper, Brees, Payton, and the rest of our offense did because they were the main reasons we got there. Randall Gay and Troy Evans was apart of the SB run too, how significant is that though? Without Gay, Greer, and Porter being hurt, Jenkins wouldn't have seen the field that year

You are blaming scouts but remember there is a lot that go into drafting players. Scouts just compile info and report it. Coaches and the personell dept are the ones who pull the trigger. GW scouted MJ personally, flew up to Ohio, met with him and everything. GW loved MJ and I am sure he had a lot do with drafting him.

It's easy to criticize a draft after the fact. Jenkins was a very highly touted prospect coming out of college by scouts and coaches. The knock on him was does he have the speed to be an elite CB, or would it be best served for him to play FS.

One it would never happen there is bad blood between the two teams

???? Outside of playing games against each other, I don't believe that there is bad blood between the two teams. Believe me, I HATE the 49ers, but (unless I missed something) there are no issues with one another. Maybe you care to elaborate?

The way it's sounding at Payton's presser we are SERIOUSLY concerned with tackle. Listed that and pass rush as what keeps him up at night. Looks like we could be serious trade up contenders...da**.

The way it's sounding at Payton's presser we are SERIOUSLY concerned with tackle. Listed that and pass rush as what keeps him up at night. Looks like we could be serious trade up contenders...da**.

I just dont see Payton going into draft day with a gaping hole at LT. I still think we will adress it in free agency. A couple decent guys still out there.

Harbaugh wont even allow his assistant coaches to talk to NFC teams and has made two recent trades with AFC teams, acquiring Anquan Boldin and dealing Alex Smith completely out of the conference to the Chiefs.

I highly doubt that he'll consider trading a windfall of picks to an NFC contending rival, but you never know.

I agree with others saying that the 49ers in all likelyhood will be looking to trade up a lot higher than 15 with all their available picks.

IMO they could try to get a top 5 pick and grab Star or Jones for their 3-4 rather than target the 2nd band of top draft picks available at our spot.

Im all up for trading down and accumilating more picks, but the 49ers have so many picks they could go wherever they want to in the draft. Maybe a trade with the Vikings would be more likely since the Harvin trade?

???? Outside of playing games against each other, I don't believe that there is bad blood between the two teams. Believe me, I HATE the 49ers, but (unless I missed something) there are no issues with one another. Maybe you care to elaborate?

Why you hate us? We beat the Falcons in the playoffs :a_smil09:

I agree with others saying that the 49ers in all likelyhood will be looking to trade up a lot higher than 15 with all their available picks.

IMO they could try to get a top 5 pick and grab Star or Jones for their 3-4 rather than target the 2nd band of top draft picks available at our spot.

Im all up for trading down and accumilating more picks, but the 49ers have so many picks they could go wherever they want to in the draft. Maybe a trade with the Vikings would be more likely since the Harvin trade?

I agree, the 49ers organization might be wanting to trade up higher than 15, but maybe the player they want can be picked at that spot. The potential for a trade between our teams is definitely there. We have a lot of picks and not many roster spots available while you guys are wanting to bring in some young talent. We'll have to wait and see, but I see all 3 deals working.

#2 imo, but you guys also throw in a late rounder. Deal? :scratch:

We aren't going to trade or deal with our top competition in the NFC.

I really dow't see us trading down, i wish we would stop making a million forums on trading down in the draft...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom