FA Would the Saints bring Kwon Alexander back? (1 Viewer)

He is a player I can see the FO having a sort of "hand shake" deal with as he gets closer to getting healthy. No one will be willing to take the risk with high money offer and wherever he went would be the same sort of 1/2 year deal that is loaded with incentives. He was inserted and immediately made our D better. I see us picking him up before he is 100% unless what we have "in house" after draft, UDFA and some FA bodies at LB at the time being "lights out". The consensus seems he wants to be a part of our team if he can (my hypothetical assessment).

It would be great if we could get him back on an incentive based contract, even if he is not full go until October. He is a young and talented player who would be a great contributor to our defense, even if not 100% early. What we don't know if (1) is he interested and (2) are we also interested at the price he may want! Sure wish we would have an answer pre draft as his signing would change the dynamics and priorities in round 1!!

I think he may be one of those vet resigning on a vet minimum incentive laden deal because they liked him here and he like playing here teamed next to Davis but no other team is knocking on his door and like Easton the Saints have kept an eye on them and I'm sure like Easton, Alexander knows the Saints want him back and he was released for financial reasons.

I think he may be one of those vet resigning on a vet minimum incentive laden deal because they liked him here and he like playing here teamed next to Davis but no other team is knocking on his door and like Easton the Saints have kept an eye on them and I'm sure like Easton, Alexander knows the Saints want him back and he was released for financial reasons.
I'm wondering if the Saints maybe have a verbal agreement with him, that when he is 100% healthy he comes back on a 1 yr. prove it deal. What do you think?

Should pick up that lb the jets let go of, t got from ravens. And find cbfrom bills.
E generally do ok the re. Skip their safety though.
100% agree. I don't want the Saints drafting LBs. The track record is horrendous. Leave it to teams who know what they're doing there (Jets, Ravens, Steelers,....), then scoop them up in FA.

A couple of points not related to Kwon Alexander specifically: We are often too reliant on guys that have an injury history. Seems we will often draft a guy whose draft stock slipped because of injury concerns. And Achilles injuries are today what ACL injuries used to be. Im sure there are guys who have come back strong from them, but off the top of my head Kobe, Rankins, Demarcus Cousins, etc. Sure Kobe was probably on the other side of his prime, but his PPG dropped nearly 10 points in the season after the achilles.

In football, it doesnt get better. I read a study that tracked 31 players who had an achilles tear. 11 never played in the NFL again. The 21 that did, every one of them saw declines in performance and playing time. So to say Kwon is up against some tall odds is laying it lightly. He also has a long injury history.

That being said, he is 26. Its worth giving him another shot, but I wouldnt stop filling the LB hole at this point. Dont change how you develop or draft. One of those things where if he can break the mold on achilles injuries, all the better for everyone. If he can return to his old self, you have depth in case he goes down.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom