Would the U.S. be better off without the Federal Reserve? (1 Viewer)

Would the U.S. be better off without the Federal Reserve?

• Yes, the Fed has made things worse since its inception

Votes: 14 60.9%
  • No, the Fed serves an important role in the U.S. economy

Votes: 8 34.8%
  • Not sure

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Don't care

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

ArmoredNOSaint

Metroplex Who Dat
Reaction score
I voted "yes". Since its inception in 1913, we've had two World Wars, other limited wars, a Great Depression and numerous recessions (including the current one). I don't think that's a coincidence. The U.S. Constitution grants Congress with the authority to coin money and it can do so without interest.

Looks like someone's been watching Zeitgeist movies.

Yes, I saw Zeitgeist. I thought it was hit-and-miss, at best.

Also, one doesn't have to be a conspiracy kook to question the usefulness of the Fed. Many people across the board hold a similar view.

Also, in the first part of Zeitgeist, the filmmakers let their anti-Christian bias show. No mention of Islam, Judaism or Catholicism or any other -ism at all, even if it was to bash it. That fact alone tells me plenty about where they're coming from.

Plus, the film was nothing more than a Frankenstein monster constructed of other documentaries that were much better.

I voted "yes". Since its inception in 1913, we've had two World Wars, other limited wars, a Great Depression and numerous recessions (including the current one). I don't think that's a coincidence. The U.S. Constitution grants Congress with the authority to coin money and it can do so without interest.

And?

Before that we had the Civil War, which caused more damage, deaths and cost more to this country then all of those combined.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom