Would we have signed Brees had he NOT had that injury (1 Viewer)

Great Dane

He who dares wins
Reaction score
After having read about both Palmers and Breess devastating injuries, I was wondering whether Brees's injury was "lucky for us". I am not convinced the Saints could have beaten out the Dolphins had Brees been 100% healthy.

A bit hypothetical as he is our QB. But strange how fate often plays its hand in things

I do not think that us and the Dolphins would have been the only competition. Barring that injury Minn Det and Ari may have taken a longer look.

I think the competition would have been fierce and we would have lost the battle for Brees if not for the injury.

If not for the injury, I doubt Brees would have been let go.

Don't forget the Ravens were QB shopping as well....

The question is - would he have even been available?

The Chargers would have either signed him or tagged him. If they tagged him, they would have been required at least a number #1 to let him go.

He would have signed the offer sheet, btw. As dedicated as he is to the Saints - he was also that dedicated to the Chargers. And there wasn't a doubt in his mind that he would have beat out Rivers again in camp.

Don't forget the Ravens were QB shopping as well....

The question is - would he have even been available?

The Chargers would have either signed him or tagged him. If they tagged him, they would have been required at least a number #1 to let him go.

He would have signed the offer sheet, btw. As dedicated as he is to the Saints - he was also that dedicated to the Chargers. And there wasn't a doubt in his mind that he would have beat out Rivers again in camp.

That means the Chargers would have got rid of Rivers - who would have seen a lot of interest from several teams. Boy, we could have ended up with Vinnie Testerverde or Culpepper (or worse)?????

From AJ Smith's mouth, "Rivers is going nowhere." Rivers signed a contract for 6 years. If Brees (without the injury) stays in SD, Rivers just has to compete in the preseason to see if he could crack the start lineup. Knowing what he can do now, it will be interesting to see which qb be traded before the October deadline.

Brees getting injured and coming to the Saints is the very definition of the cliche, "Things happen for a reason."... Without getting injured, he NEVER would come here and things would be a whole lot different....

The way that the coaching staff has altered this team for their scheme, I wonder if they would have fought hard for Brees. They seem determined and Benson is shellin out money. We MAY have been able to win Brees.

Brees getting injured and coming to the Saints is the very definition of the cliche, "Things happen for a reason
Saint El Lay, I was just going to post this very same thing. It seems one spine-tingly common denominator among Saints fans is our uncanny belief in fate. Last year's marketing slogan "Faith" ..... one year off or amazingly prescient?

i think brees still would of been let go but alot more teams would of been after him and saints probably wouldnt had the opprunity, but on that note brees is the best thing to ever happen to the saints without him where 3-6 not 6-3

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom