Would Winston be willing to take another prove it contract? (1 Viewer)

My pardon, when you mentioned Burrow and Brady (who weren’t being signed when they came back from injury) it threw me off.

I agree, sign him if the doctors give him a clean bill of health (if they don’t, then don’t). I’d imagine if we are talking about a Drew Brees type deal, you are offering him one at a tier like when Brees originally signed here, and not like the past few years.
Something that works for both sides, that's all I'm saying.

I was responding to your comment that you can't sign a guy coming off an injury. Was Drew Drew when we signed him? The point is that if you believe in a guy and the doctors sign off, you sign him.
Unfortunately, the Saints have to wait until doctors sign off on Winston before re-signing him. If all goes well, that's going to be months from now. If all does not go well, like with Thomas, then it could drag out for longer.

I think due to the recent recovery issues for Thomas, the Saints will probably wait until Winston makes a complete recovery before starting contract negotiations with him.

Unfortunately, the Saints have to wait until doctors sign off on Winston before re-signing him. If all goes well, that's going to be months from now. If all does not go well, like with Thomas, then it could drag out for longer.

I think due to the recent recovery issues for Thomas, the Saints will probably wait until Winston makes a complete recovery before starting contract negotiations with him.
Then you lose him, and you're down to 2 options at that point, rolling w/ Book or paying TH part of his $95M deal to play QB1...because Siemian or a '22 Rookie isn't going to be starting.

If JW walks, a BSJ dark horse candidate for QB1 is Teddy B...he's likely to hit the market if Denver doesn't commit, and probably won't cost as much as JW will. He knows the playbook, the team likes him, and plays the safe, high percentage ball that you guys like.

Prove-it deal as in, is he back from injury? We have leverage there. We have absolutely no leverage when it comes to playing ability.

That's called a no faith negotiation and Thomas's injury was different. He had surgery last month, which means initial rehab probably starts no later than Febuary. If both sides are serious, imaging and initial exercises to show progress may be shared with the team. You can sign a guy while monitoring his progress, as Dallas did with Dak and we did with a non-HOF Drew. Jameis has shown he is fully committed over the past 2 years, it's time to show him some respect for his hard work and the few wins we got so far.

If Winston has to take a “prove it” deal, will Deadspin and Jamill Hill write a bunch of stories about how Taysom didn’t have to take a “prove it” deal?
They’re not even close to the same player! Taysom is one of the most versatile offensive players ever! Winston is a QB only… coming off a disaster in Tampa and now a major injury.

What is this discussion even about?

They’re not even close to the same player! Taysom is one of the most versatile offensive players ever! Winston is a QB only… coming off a disaster in Tampa and now a major injury.

What is this discussion even about?
The two entities he cited will look for literally ANYTHING to stoke division where there is none.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom