Would Winston be willing to take another prove it contract? (2 Viewers)

Yeah, it’s hard to imagine anyone breaking the bank for him given the injury, and limited sample size in this system. Could another team come in and throw the bag at him, sure, but why would they given the question marks.

Give him a contract similar to what you just gave Taysom, but with more incentives should he win the job. This is a humbling time for him, and I wouldn’t blame him if he pulled a Boogie Cousin’s and decided to bet on himself and take a deal from someone else in an effort to establish himself.

Also, can we get over this idea that this is the weakest quarterback class, or any position class? So much can change between now and April, and we have seen in the last, what some consider to be weak classes have provided players of merit (perhaps not HOF talent, but more than journeymen). It’s too early to call anything “the weakest”.

The hell he gotta sign another prove it deal for when the dude he beat out got a 4yr 40 deal...that escalates to over 90 if he plays QB1?

Why should he have to settle for less and why does that sit well with so many?
Wasn’t a huge fan of the Hill contract but Winston doesn’t play all of the Joker positions that Hill does.

The hell he gotta sign another prove it deal for when the dude he beat out got a 4yr 40 deal...that escalates to over 90 if he plays QB1?

Lol. Another reason that contract remains stupifying. Basically gives any QB we sign a contract floor since we gave a non-QB that much money on the off chance he ever is named the starter.

Also more or less this team that looks utterly lost right now would have been 6-1 if it weren't for losing most of our coaches for the Giants game with Winston leading it. The team and coaches have embraced him and he's our only real option for the future that doesn't involve gutting the ability to rebuild this offense via draft and FA.

Jameis Winston went 5-2 in 7 games with worse supporting casts and better stats than Teddy-2-gloves in 5 games. His injury isn’t a career threatened type of injury and he should be ready for next season. Someone will offer him a decent contract. I hope the Saints can match it.

No. We do NOT need another QB competition next season.

If we are gonna sign Winston then sign him to a starting deal for 3 years and be done with it. He is plenty good enough to build around and he won the job fair and square.

If we don't want Winston then let Taysom QB and continue to build through the draft. We are not going to afford a top level QB next year....so the options are Winston or Taysom, IMO.

You guys in this thread obviously don't know how business work. Why would he sign a "Prove It Deal" when he was our only true option at QB. The ball is in his court and it's completely up to him and his agent on whether he would sign a "Prove It Deal" to play for the New Orleans Saints next season. We need to draft a QB and stop living in lala land.

If prove it you mean at least 2-3 years, with respectable money. He's not doing a 1 year coming off an injury.
He won’t have a choice. He didn’t have any suitors that we know of other than New Orleans, and now he’s coming off a major injury. He will sign whatever deal he can get. No one is giving him some multi year lucrative deal right now. I could see maybe the Steelers giving him a 1-2 year incentive deal

He's our best option for 2022 unless something unusual happens.

Between his injury, and small sample size, he might take a short, team friendly deal.
He would be smart to take a minimum contract with the Saints for next year, because it is a no brainer. No team is going to offer him anything, other then minimum, to come in and to be a backup. With the Saints in their current dismal state of the QB position, he will have an honest and fair chance to be the starter. And this is regardless of what the Saints do in the draft. If the Saints go all in for Wilson (or Rodgers, not a fan of Rodgers deal), then Winston may need to move on.

He won’t have a choice. He didn’t have any suitors that we know of other than New Orleans, and now he’s coming off a major injury. He will sign whatever deal he can get. No one is giving him some multi year lucrative deal right now. I could see maybe the Steelers giving him a 1-2 year incentive deal
BINGO!

Wrong! He had offers smh. Reports came out he turned down better offers but it was starting spots on horrible teams. If he would have went there, played bad… Game over for him.

Wrong! He had offers smh. Reports came out he turned down better offers but it was starting spots on horrible teams. If he would have went there, played bad… Game over for him.
Show me. Because the Steelers were the only other team I heard mentioned the first year he signed and their GM said they didn’t offer any contract to Jameis. The second year there were rumors out there but no official offers. Only team I remember rumored before this season was the Bears.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom