Would Winston be willing to take another prove it contract? (1 Viewer)

he’s proved enough to me that we can get 10 wins minimum a year with him under center. I think we need to sign him for 3 year contract at the minimum

Based on his strengths and the fact that he showed he could be more careful protecting the football, I think he will have a few teams interested in him, so long as he shows signs of a full recovery.

I think if the Steelers can’t make a move for Russell Wilson, then they will make a run at Jameis Winston.
Winston fits that Steelers vertical passing offense well

I think Gms around the league saw what I saw. A 4-2 winner, who threw for 5TDs, with 4TDs in the red zone against GB. Then later threw for 4TDs against the WFT. He was 14 TDs to only 4 ints. Throwing to the same WRs we ALL called scrubs. There is only so many guys on the planet that can throw for 5000yds.

What makes you guys think that Jameis isn't going to sign for more money than Teddy got when he left here? Jamies has 14 TDs in 4 games. Teddy has 15 TDs in 11 games throwing to better receivers. Teddy got 3yrs for 21mill per yr. for $63mill.

Jamies will get 2nd tier QB money. 3yr for about 27 to 29 + mill per yr.

Based on his strengths and the fact that he showed he could be more careful protecting the football, I think he will have a few teams interested in him, so long as he shows signs of a full recovery.

I think if the Steelers can’t make a move for Russell Wilson, then they will make a run at Jameis Winston.
Winston fits that Steelers vertical passing offense well
It could become very interesting if the Steelers draft Kenny Pickett. They wouldn't have to change a thing in their game plan.

I think Gms around the league saw what I saw. A 4-2 winner, who threw for 5TDs, with 4TDs in the red zone against GB. Then later threw for 4TDs against the WFT. He was 14 TDs to only 4 ints. Throwing to the same WRs we ALL called scrubs. There is only so many guys on the planet that can throw for 5000yds.

What makes you guys think that Jameis isn't going to sign for more money than Teddy got when he left here? Jamies has 14 TDs in 4 games. Teddy has 15 TDs in 11 games throwing to better receivers. Teddy got 3yrs for 21mill per yr. for $63mill.

I agree. It always kills me how it's always, "he's not good enough for anyone else to want him, but we want him back because there's nobody better."

...Wait. What?

Teddy isn't coming off a knee injury and subsequent surgery?

Those two teams are not comparable with all the injuries this year.

Exactly, I see this same moronic comparison between TH last year and anyone playing QB this year and it always cracks me up....

Because they aren't judging him by those arbitrary numbers. Winston is a good QB who definitely be on another teams radar and the Saints don't have the cap to just invest into a QB because they "need" one but will offer another 1yr deal to show what he can do he of course will put out feelers for other teams and maybe someone like the Steelers (who I project him to if any team comes calling) pays him more years and money will the expected retirement of Big Ben.

If he does not come back to the Saints, I think the Steelers would be a great fit from him.

We'll sign JW to a competitive and fair 2 or 3yr with most of the money backloaded on years 2 & 3

1 year is all he's getting coming off of this injury. If he gets 2 or 3 they're going to be void years.

If Taysom Hill can stay healthy, and somehow lead this injury decimated and WR/TE deficient team to a WC berth…

I know, huge if

then I honestly believe that Winston is not brought back next season unless he takes an extremely affordable contract.

If that scenario plays out, then the Saints will draft a QB in the top 3 rounds and roll with Taysom, Book, and the rook.

If TH can turn this around and lead us to a WC berth then HE IS the QB1...and you don't waste a 1-3rd rd Pick on ANOTHER QB.

If TH bombs and we resign JW...then we DO NOT waste a pick on a ANOTHER QB

If TH bombs and JW walks, then we go QB in rd 1

Besides, I thought Ian Book was that mid round QB of the future?

He won’t be under contract when the knee heals, it may even be after the draft. Do we take a chance that he comes back fine and give him a deal or do we focus on Book, the draft or free agency? I’m not sure he would be willing to take another prove it deal if other teams are calling and I also don’t want to wait and see about his injury. Thoughts?
no ,because he has already proved it . without any wr.

If TH can turn this around and lead us to a WC berth then HE IS the QB1...and you don't waste a 1-3rd rd Pick on ANOTHER QB.

Disagree there… Taysom is going to be 32 years old next season, and even if he lights it up the rest of the way, his age and style of play do not lend themselves to long-term reliability. Another QB in rounds 1-3 gives the Saints the insurance/option to greatly increase their chances of having a legit long-term starting QB between Book and the new rookie.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom