Would ya'll be happy with Dennis Allen as HC and.. (1 Viewer)

I am fine with it. I want to keep DA. As far as Carmichael goes, I don't care one way or the other. I don't think it will happen but I wouldn't mind Lombardi coming over and running the offense either.

I am fine with it. I want to keep DA. As far as Carmichael goes, I don't care one way or the other. I don't think it will happen but I wouldn't mind Lombardi coming over and running the offense either.
You mean Joe Lombardi? He’s the OC of the Chargers, isn’t he? If that’s who you are talking about, he’s not leaving Herbert to come coach up ______

Good with it but also curious about a young fresh guy as well

Not necessarily. First, I'm thinking it's a mistake to believe Dennis Allen as HC is somehow akin to Sean Payton-like success just because they worked together.

I'm not ready to hand Allen the keys based on one game against the Bucs or a failed stint with the Raiders.

Regarding the offense, I'd be fine with Carmichael staying in some capacity, but this offensive philosophy needs fresh ideas and concepts with some new blood.

The temptation to stay in house with coaches has rarely worked out. We're not the 49ers of 1989 - 1994 or the Cowboys immediately post Jimmie Johnson.

I'm fine with it, but Allen/Carmichael has the same temporary feel as Winston/Hill at qb. Just feels temporary. Man that feeling of certainty in the late 2000s was so taken for granted. This kind of makes me just want a total overhaul. Who knows. 9 last year, SP this year, I dk t like this, lol

Not excited about Carmichael as OC at all. Time for something new on offense.

I would be okay with it. I am just worried that if they bring someone from the outside, that coach will clean house and I don't think that would be great for the team. The players are extremely close to the current coaching staff and the only way to keep that intact is to hire a coach from within.

I'm not really worried about the coaching staff on the defensive side, I think DA as HC, Nielsen or Richard as DC would be really good. If we can keep Marcus Williams our roster on D is pretty much set. The problem is on the offensive side. Can we attract free agents to play in our offense without Sean? Would Jameis want to come back without him? Can DA keep Michael Thomas happy? Might be worth to go on a different direction and get an offensive minded head coach for that reason...

Allen was never going to be successful as the raiders coach. That franchise, at that moment was a disaster from top to bottom. Belicheckhimself couldn’t have successfully coached that mess.

I would assume that the saints would be a very attractive situation for top level coaching candidates. There’s a very good staff if they choose to minimize disruptions there is a fantastic base level of talent. They have a GM and owner who will spend the money. You have a coach leaving a team with a winning record and weren’t in the playoffs due to an outrageous number of injuries. Who ya taking? Raiders, Bears, Jacksonville or New Orleans?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom