Would ya'll be happy with Dennis Allen as HC and.. (1 Viewer)

Would ya'll be happy with Dennis Allen as HC and.. Pete Carmichael calling the offense?..

Not excited about Carmichael as OC at all. Time for something new on offense.

Ok, so in 2 parts..

1). If anyone deserves to be the new HC of the Saints it's definetly DA.. look what he's done with the D, I mean really, he's got the locker-room , he's got the confidence, he's got the team, no need to look further.. keep it in-house!

2). Carmichael running the offense, eh, it doesn't amuse me.. he was a Payton puppet.. up in the box conveying plays, down to the QB via CSP..

My vote for an OC would be a guy like June Jones.. former HC of the Universty of Hawai'i.. open up the offense, get guys down the field, put up numbers, let the D take care of everything else.. JJ is a master/king of the run-n-shoot, currently unemployed for reasons I'm really not in the mood to get into.. but maaaan, if there was ever a chance to totally change the offensive philosophy of the New Orleans Saints, now is that time.. He's my guy, always has been, always will be.. might not be the most popular vote, but hey, he's available and a proven commodity as far as his offensive principles are concerned.. just my .02

NW.

I rather still go find a young and up in coming offensive minded coach. Payton set the trend, its not mistake 3 of the 4 teams left are all young coaches with really good teams. Arians lucked out with Brady last year. Reid is just a great coach, he always has been but even then, he started kinda young as well. His tenure in Philly was over 20 years ago.

Not necessarily. First, I'm thinking it's a mistake to believe Dennis Allen as HC is somehow akin to Sean Payton-like success just because they worked together.

I'm not ready to hand Allen the keys based on one game against the Bucs or a failed stint with the Raiders.

Regarding the offense, I'd be fine with Carmichael staying in some capacity, but this offensive philosophy needs fresh ideas and concepts with some new blood.

The temptation to stay in house with coaches has rarely worked out. We're not the 49ers of 1989 - 1994 or the Cowboys immediately post Jimmie Johnson.
This right here hits it for me… No SP for me means its time move / shift to the new era, whatever that may be. Why linger in the past when the two main cogs that made it great have moved on. Time to re-start with the great players we currently have and start a new vision with a new coach. Fresh ideas and wherever that may lead. Its time.

IMO if it's not Dennis Allen, we are officially in rebuild mode and I'd imagine that is terrible news for our top stars. New HC from outside means new system, playbook, terminology, position coaches etc.

I'm not saying it can't be done but it'd be easier to keep Allen around for cap reasons, continuity, and managing the locker room.

From everything the Saints have done over the past 15 years, when have they moved on from coaches that have been with the team? They have had the same coach and front office forever. Allen is going to be head coach. They will hire a new DC or Assistant HC and/or promote from within either of those positions. Expect a new assistant offensive coach for QB/passing game. Everyone else remains.

The only small light from this dark tunnel is we may be able to hold on to Richard now since we can offer him the same position as Pittsburgh whereas before Pittsburgh was offering him a promotion while we still had DA as defensive coordinator. That is if DA becomes HC. Saints should hopefully be in Richard's plans now

I may be in the minority, but I’d like to maybe flush the coaching staff and start fresh. I think one of the reasons teams start to decline is too much tape of the same system with the same guys. DA is great, no disrespect to him, but I think breaking the continuity is almost essential right now. Holding onto the same system without the main two architects of it in Brees and Payton seems like a bad idea.
Except we haven’t started to decline. We’ve been one of the most winningest teams the last 5 years. We just haven’t been able to break through the playoffs. I get what you’re saying, but I think it’s rather extreme to blow it all up when we can still be competitive. You start totally fresh, no telling what you’ll end up with, but it’s very possible you’ll end up with hot garbage.

You mean Joe Lombardi? He’s the OC of the Chargers, isn’t he? If that’s who you are talking about, he’s not leaving Herbert to come coach up ______
I mean, we were just wishing here right? Or did I miss something? He probably ain't leaving but don't mean I don't want him to.

If you tell me that after a real coaching search and real due diligence, Allen is the best choic, that's one thing. But the fix is in, there will be no real search, and Allen will be the new coach. We will be a .500 team for the next two years or so, and then we will see the collapse. Rebuild, but we won't.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom