Would ya'll be happy with Dennis Allen as HC and.. (1 Viewer)

Joodas Avila

MillenniaMMA.com
Reaction score
I have no choice but to LOVE IT!!! I honestly think we’ll be fine. Payton built the foundation & coaches like DA & P-Carm were literally his top lieutenants. Theyll keep the culture/expectations up to standards, while Loomis & Ireland will do what theyve been doing.

Kingston

All-Pro
Reaction score
I am ok with it. Look there once was a day when the great Bill Walsh walked off. San Francisco stayed in house with George Seifert, that kept the ball rolling and it could for us. We are very similar to that SF era, minus a few Super Bowls. In the sense that they didn’t have a culture of success before Walsh arrived. They stayed in-house and sustained that culture when it should have died the day Walsh retired.

Payton brought that to the Saints. He made us one of the best run franchises in sports and considering the joke we were and how hard it is to find that. I would try to hold on to it as best as can be done. Staying in-house gives you that.

SaintKenn

Wait till next year?
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
DA gives us the best chance to continue winning now, there's a lot to be said about continuity. Carmichael actually showed some good playcalling when Sean was out in 12 and when Sean broke his leg. Nielsen would be the logical choice to take over as DC considering he was promoted to associate HC last year to keep him here.
Now if y'all want to blow the thing up and start over, then go clean slate and hire Bienamy or Flores

AARPSaint

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
The ideal would be to bring in a new, offensive minded coach but keep the current coaching staff. That may be impossible to accomplish because head coaches usually want to hire their own assistants--and that's understandable.

Unlike most of the other teams looking for head coaches, the Saints are a winning team. Rebuilding shouldn't be necessary.

sfbaysaint

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
Maybe Allen as HC for a couple of years will tank the team and get some top draft picks... then hopefully saints hit upon a QB and get a new coach

LouieD

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Dennis Allen will be a pursued this offseason and will be offered a head coaching job somewhere if he's not hired here. As for the OC Carmichael has done an admirable job and would not be a reach as a hire.

sfbaysaint

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
Four teams remaining:

Bengals - Zac Taylor - 38 yrs - Offensive coach
Chiefs - Andy Reid - 63 yrs - Offensive coach
Niners - Kyle Shanahan - 43 yrs - Offensive coach
Rams - Sean McVay - 36 yrs - Offensive coach

There is a trend. Young, offensive minded coaches dominating. Andy Reid has an All Time QB at his disposal.

• 1Like
Reactions: mcg
Reaction score
Dennis is part of the Parcells coaching tree through Payton and has learned in house. It’s a no brainer at this point. If there is any gas left in the tank with this team I think he can get it out.

Brandon13

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
Four teams remaining:

Bengals - Zac Taylor - 38 yrs - Offensive coach
Chiefs - Andy Reid - 63 yrs - Offensive coach
Niners - Kyle Shanahan - 43 yrs - Offensive coach
Rams - Sean McVay - 36 yrs - Offensive coach

There is a trend. Young, offensive minded coaches dominating. Andy Reid has an All Time QB at his disposal.
True, though CIN and SF have won in the playoffs largely due to their defenses playing well, especially SF.

Steve in Colorado

Veteran
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Dennis Allen will be a pursued this offseason and will be offered a head coaching job somewhere if he's not hired here. As for the OC Carmichael has done an admirable job and would not be a reach as a hire.
He has not been pursued by any other team, except temporarily by the Bears -- who then proceeded to cancel the interview with DA. No one else wanted him as a HC candidate. All desirable candidates have gotten interviews by now.

whosyadaddy

Bleed Black & Gold
Reaction score
The ideal would be to bring in a new, offensive minded coach but keep the current coaching staff. That may be impossible to accomplish because head coaches usually want to hire their own assistants--and that's understandable.

Unlike most of the other teams looking for head coaches, the Saints are a winning team. Rebuilding shouldn't be necessary.

I like you want a fresh approach on offense. Nothing against Carmichael he has done admirably in Payton's absence before but something tells me we need a new philosophy on offense. If DA becomes head coach however I have a feeling that he will keep Carmichael. I can wish though right

meily

More than 15K posts served!
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Payton is the offensive genius not Carmichael, so I have questions in terms of his ability to create an offensive philosophy and calling old Sean Payton plays dies not make you an OC.

Payton formulates an offense, can CarMicheal do that? Payton has visions for players, does Carmichael have an eye for talent like that?

Cajun Chat

Super Forum Fanatic
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Pete Carmichael calling the offense?

He knows Payton's system.
I would like to see us go out and find an aggressive young play caller. Who is the next Mike Shannahan, Sean McVay, heck a little know coach named Sean Payton. Most of us were screaming when we hired him.

I think DA deserves another shot but we won't attract offensive talent to NOLA with him at the helm.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest SaintsReport Originals

Utopia Draft: The Saints' Ideal (Realistic) Scenario
By Dan Levy - posted 4/28/2022

Sea Change: Taysom Hill's "New" Role and What it Means for the Saints
By Dan Levy - posted 4/06/2022

Q&A: AMA (Ask Me Anything) with Dan Levy
5/8/22 | 4/20/22

New Orleans Saints Twitter Feed

Headlines