Would you be happy with the following scenario? (1 Viewer)

Cajun Chat

Super Forum Fanatic
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Trade to the # 2 spot to get Dorsey. Give up # 10 and # 3 this year and # 1 next year.
Trade second rounder to NY Giants to get Shockey.
Pick best avail CB in round 3.
Round 4 - to NY Jets for Vilma
Round 5 - 7 = BPA

NO! We will not need to give up that much to move up to the #2. If we did move up, it would be using the revised charts, not the old ones. Otherwise, we just wouldn't move up (and no one else would either).

The whole reason there is talk that we might move up is because everyone else wants to move down and no one else wants to move up. That drives the price down for teams that want to move up.

I'm not sure that is too much to give up especially if we can get a decent CB in the 3rd round.

wait how many 3 rounders do you have us using? One to trade up and best available cb.

No player in this draft is worth giving up a future 1st rounder for....especially when next year's draft looks to be a re-hash of '06's exceptionally strong class.

No player in this draft is worth giving up a future 1st rounder for....especially when next year's draft looks to be a re-hash of '06's exceptionally strong class.

why is next years draft going to be so strong? i think this years draft is deep and strong with positions of need for us.

We really shouldn't trade a 2009 1st round pick because the 2009 Draft Class is loaded with talents, and especially at safety, which might be our top priority next year.

why is next years draft going to be so strong? i think this years draft is deep and strong with positions of need for us.

Next year you're looking at absolutely loaded college teams. When college teams are loaded, drafts are loaded.

Off the top of my head, next year the top of the class looks to be Tim Tebow, Knowshon Moreno, Malcolm Jenkins, Rey Maualuga, James Lauranitis. I'm sure I'm forgetting a bunch of huge names, but those are the first that come to mind. Oh, Michael Oher and I forgot the top NFL prospect in my mind, Chris Wells.

Trade to the # 2 spot to get Dorsey. Give up # 10 and # 3 this year and # 1 next year.
Trade second rounder to NY Giants to get Shockey.
Pick best avail CB in round 3.
Round 4 - to NY Jets for Vilma
Round 5 - 7 = BPA

You just traded your 3rd to the Rams, so your first draft pick will come in round five.

We have too many holes on defense to trade away that many picks.

You just traded your 3rd to the Rams, so your first draft pick will come in round five.

We have too many holes on defense to trade away that many picks.

Yup. I don't mind getting Shockey and Dorsey, but that's a bit steep IMO.

Your putting way too many eggs in one basket. What happens if Dorsey is a bust? What if he gets hurt and is never the same?

I see zero reason to trade away that many picks for one player. If you wanta DT that bad, maybe you move up 2-3 spots to get Ellis. Dorsey is out of our reach.

Trading 2 first round picks plus a 3rd rounder just for one player (a rookie with a huge contract)? No thanks.

Trading 2 first round picks plus a 3rd rounder just for one player (a rookie with a huge contract)? No thanks.

Agreed. And:

wait how many 3 rounders do you have us using? One to trade up and best available cb.

Yes, he has us taking a CB in the third, with a pick we traded to the Rams the day before.

Man, I hope we can pull that one off!

I don't want to do this 2nd round trade up.

ddd

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom