Would you be okay with the Saints giving up pick 29 and future assets for Jeffrey Simmons? (1 Viewer)

Can we get Simmons from Tenn on the CGJ deal, 5th rd pick for a 1yr rental??? I would welcome that on his current salary.

He may be talented but he is a thug and I would not like to see him in the Saints lockeroom.
Geaux Saints....

In the Drew Brees years I would be okay with this. But the Saints just signed Carr and they need to load up on the offensive side of the ball.

A DT would not help with the investment.

In the Drew Brees years I would be okay with this. But the Saints just signed Carr and they need to load up on the offensive side of the ball.

A DT would not help with the investment.

Yes, I would happily give up #29 with a smile on my face. He is 25yrs old, from LOUISIANA, had 7.5 sacks last year and 8.5 the year before. The only problem is that we would have to pay him next year, but Loomis could as we say "MAKE IT HAPPEN".
He's not from Louisiana. He's from Macon, MS - 15 miles from the Mississippi State campus.

I would do it. I came into this offseason wanting to take a player with all 8 picks, but this guy is only 25 and has been a beast. A known quantity.

This is not a one player away team anymore, this is a team that needs to acquire talent at multiple position which will require us using our draft capital to do so.

The Saints need bodies at DE, DT, OL, RB, WR, TE, S and CB and that is not to suggest we are lacking talent but again this team is not one impact player away from SB contention we need to build this team backup to being a contender again and the only way to do that is to have a strong first and second line.
Agree. We need young rookie talent that can contribute right away. Have to get the draft picks correct. Very important to find good picks this year and next.

No because of salary cap reasons. We need to draft good players on rookie salaries and navigate our way through salary cap tetris. That pick represents moving on from Andrus Peat at guard next season, a rookie salary defensive tackle instead of Simmons who can grow with the team, or a defensive end. I agree reloading the defensive line is this teams biggest need. I would understand the move but Harley and Loomis would have to pull more magic out of the hat to explain how that salary would work for us.

i would pull the trigger for the simple fact that cam is nearing the end and we have no other high end talent on the D-line and will have none once he’s gone or tails off. It’s hard to win being mediocre on the dline. You have to pay for high quality and if you miss on the pick it will leave the line terribly depleted. I rather spend more on the young proven talent and re-build the line around him than take a risk on a late 1st round prospect.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom