Would you be shocked if the Saints do not land at least one or two big names in FA? (1 Viewer)

Would you be shocked if the Saints don't land one or two big names in FA

• Heck yeah I would be surprised

Votes: 11 24.4%
  • Nope, I would not be surprised

Votes: 34 75.6%

• Total voters

msusaintsfan

All-Pro & Resident Ninja
Reaction score
Diamondhead, MS via Houston, Tx, via Starkville, M
I've been thinking about it and I would be surprised if we don't at least bring in one marquee guy through FA, but not shocked. I could see Payton bringing in a lot of middle of the road type guys who could end up being very good.

What do you think?

Same here ... not shocked, but I am hoping for at least one top tier free agent.

I agree. I see this as a dangerous FA because there will be so much stupid money being blown, even more than usual. It would not suprise me for us only to get middle tier guys tnis offseason from Free Agency. Probably the reason we have been keeping so many of our own FA's.

There are only two "big names" available period. Besides Clements and Thomas, there are guys like Graham (who will get a bigger contract than he really should, because the $$ is there) and a few linemen near the top of the list.

So to answer your question, no, I won't be shocked at all. I'd actually be shocked if we did (and at this point, I'd settle for a middle-tier CB, LB and signing Grant to an extension).

I've been thinking about it and I would be surprised if we don't at least bring in one marquee guy through FA, but not shocked. I could see Payton bringing in a lot of middle of the road type guys who could end up being very good.

What do you think?

We will bring in at least one marquee player. I see Donnie Edwards signing with us because Drew Brees and Edwards are the best of friends. So I can see Edwards signing as early as tonight. Besides, we tried getting Edwards last year in a trade but couldnt get him. But, it was a known fact he wanted to be here.

Friends or not... Edwards is still gonna want some real dough. That is what could be the issue. How much do you pay for a LB that old? I want him also, but I hope he doesnt overvalue himself.

Not shocked at all...we've got quite a few players being paid as top tier, that plus the increased salary cap will mean fewer top tier players available with more teams bidding on them. It's a good year to NOT be shopping in the top tier range.

I wouldn't be shocked at all, I'm actually not even expecting us to land a big name guy like a Clements, or Ad Thomas..

the best teams build through wise draft selections.

I would be very shocked if we did sign a high marquee type player. At first I couldn't see it when Mike D. said the Saints are making similar moves like the New England Patriots, but I see it now. I think we'll a draft first team and bring in a bunch of players who may not win us any games (talking as far the future free agency) but will not lose us any.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom