Would You Get Tested for Covid-19? (1 Viewer)

Would You Get Tested for Covid-19?

• Yes

Votes: 26 81.3%
  • No

Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Don't Know

Votes: 1 3.1%

• Total voters

travelingsaintsfan

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Would you get tested if you have no symptoms, have not been around anyone that has been sick or have not been in a hotspot area?

Edit: I posted this on the Politics board when I meant to post it on the EE board. If this is not allowed please delete the one on the Politics board.

Would you get tested if you have no symptoms, have not been around anyone that has been sick or have not been in a hotspot area?

Edit: I posted this on the Politics board when I meant to post it on the EE board. If this is not allowed please delete the one on the Politics board.
Do you mean the 3 foot swab to the brain or the blood test? No to the first, yes to the second.

I'm not sure what you mean. Do you mean should you go actively seek out testing if those are your circumstances? Or, do you mean if a business or your job required you to get tested to enter the premises would you do it?

I voted yes but this seems like a bit of a trick question. Are there other conditions surrounding the testing that you have in mind? My wife works in the hospital and tested negative for antibodies. Then when we went for the birth of our daughter last week, she was tested for covid so they knew how to treat our room in terms of masks and such. She was negative there as well. The doctors and such were really chill about masks after that.

Do you mean the 3 foot swab to the brain or the blood test? No to the first, yes to the second.

As I understand it, they don't go nearly as deep with the swab test as they originally did so it's apparently not that big of a deal anymore.

I voted no. I wouldn't go get tested for strep either if it was free.

If there was a reliable at home kit, yes. If not, then the risk of me catching Covid getting tested is higher than the chance of me actually having it.

As I understand it, they don't go nearly as deep with the swab test as they originally did so it's apparently not that big of a deal anymore.
That is good to know. It's still a hard pass from me, though, unless I'd absolutely need to.

I would get the swab test if I felt that I had been exposed and it was easily available. I've had the antibody test because I work in three NOLA area hospitals and thought that the likelihood that I had come in contact and been an asymptomatic carrier was possible. The test (full vial blood draw) came back negative.

If no symptoms, give me the antibody test. Don't see any reason to get the test that tells me if I have Covid or not. It doesn't really matter unless you have symptoms or are in danger.

If I had any cold or flu-like symptoms you bet your arse I'm going to get tested. I live in Texas. Nobody gets a cold or flu in May in Texas. It's 96 degrees outside right now.

In fact if I had cold-like symptoms I'd probably just assume I have Covid at this point.

If no symptoms, give me the antibody test. Don't see any reason to get the test that tells me if I have Covid or not. It doesn't really matter unless you have symptoms or are in danger.
Except for the possibility of transmitting it to someone else. And I don't mean that necessarily to you specifically because you are and have been taking precautions. But for someone who is not wearing a mask or mostly staying at home, this could prevent transmission if asymptomatic carriers knew they were infected.

Why would I get tested if I have no symptoms and haven't been around anyone that's sick?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom