Would you go to a hologram concert? (1 Viewer)

Would you go to a hologram concert?

• Yes

Votes: 12 20.7%
  • Never

Votes: 35 60.3%
  • Depends on whose hologram

Votes: 11 19.0%

• Total voters
Im my living room with vr goggles... for 2 minutes.

I've watched every known video of every Beatles and Zeppelin concert known to exist. I suppose that if there was a never-before-seen concert of either of these bands that was converted to a hologram, it would probably be more fun to watch than just a 2D movie of them performing at that concert. :scratch:

I'd probably watch if they didn't charge a fortune to see it.

........Forty-seven years later, I began to hear about concerts that made me think of that organist again: tours featuring Roy Orbison, Frank Zappa, Amy Winehouse, classical pianist Glenn Gould, Maria Callas, Buddy Holly, Whitney Houston and heavy metal belter Ronnie James Dio.

All of the performers had one defining commonality: They were dead.

And yet they were all back on the tour circuit, or would be soon, in hologram form, thanks to a new crop of companies that were putting Hollywood-style digital re-creations of famous musicians onstage............

After Tupac, Textor kept busy with his next project: a Michael Jackson hologram that performed a previously unreleased track at the Billboard Music Awards in 2014.

He’s also been involved with holograms of Elvis and Abba — in 2020, there will be an Abba hologram tour, though all the members of Abba are very much alive.

Still, Textor was looking well beyond the musical performance aspect of holograms, or digital humans, which was his preferred term. He was about to introduce a venture that would pit boxing’s greatest from any era — Muhammad Ali vs. Mike Tyson, for example — and believes the possibilities of a star’s digital likeness could mean that “..............

NEW YORK (AP) — James Dean hasn’t been alive in 64 years, but the “Rebel Without a Cause” actor has been cast in a new film about the Vietnam War.
The filmmakers behind the independent film “Finding Jack” said Wednesday that a computer-generated Dean will play a co-starring role in the upcoming production. The digital Dean is to be assembled through old footage and photos and voiced by another actor.

Digitally manipulated posthumous performances have made some inroads into films. But those have been largely roles the actors already played, including Carrie Fisher and Peter Cushing, who first appeared together in “Star Wars” and were prominently featured in the 2016 spinoff “Rogue One.”.............

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom