Poll Would you rather...(Another Hill vs. Winston thread and poll) Mod edit (1 Viewer)

Who would you rather?

• Taysom Hill playing at his full potential.

Votes: 43 36.1%
  • Jameis Winston playing at his full potential.

Votes: 76 63.9%

• Total voters
Winston's full potential has been on display for his entire career. He's had arrests, psychotic and angry outbursts, losing seasons, many interceptions, and got kicked off a team. Taysom is not as predictable.

You guys are just kicking Hill out the curve bc this "younger" player has more potential.

Yall are crazy. Hill has done nothing but prove he belongs in the NFL. Hes gunna do it at QB with or Without Sean Peyton.

We haven’t seen him throw the ball very much in the NFL and he wasn’t very good at it in college. And he always got hurt.

Jameis has Florida State, Heisman trophy, #1 overall pick kind of talent and he’s younger.

Taysom would be 31 when he started his first game. He has 13 nfl pass attempts. Nobody is kicking him to the curb or saying he doesn’t belong in the NFL...as a starting quarterback is debatable. I don’t think we’ve seen enough yet.

Exactly, which is why I picked Winston. We have a large sample size. Winston is one of 8 men to pass for more than 5k yards in a season. He’s still young and the turnover issue can be addressed. Taysom’s ceiling is all speculation.
yes, Not sure how this is even a question. I mean, an honest question.

[/QUOTE]
Winston’s potential is one of the best QBs in the NFL.

The only thing Winston has proved is he is one of the Stupidest QBs to ever play in the NFL.

The Fact that 60% the majority here are ready to cast off a High Character mature role model for a lowlife who has a history of immaturity and stupid decisions no matter how questionable they are, shows a biase here. So glad none of you are running this franchise. You guys buy the hype but not the intangibles that cannot be taught.

You guys are just kicking Hill out the curve bc this "younger" player has more potential.

Yall are crazy. Hill has done nothing but prove he belongs in the NFL. Hes gunna do it at QB with or Without Sean Peyton.
Who is Sean Peyton?

The only thing Winston has proved is he is one of the Stupidest QBs to ever play in the NFL.

The Fact that 60% the majority here are ready to cast off a High Character mature role model for a lowlife who has a history of immaturity and stupid decisions no matter how questionable they are, shows a biase here. So glad none of you are running this franchise. You guys buy the hype but not the intangibles that cannot be taught.

What biases are you citing? Why would any Saints fan have a bias towards Winston?

Jameis has been terrible at making decisions, but outside of that fact he’s a hard player to criticize and he made his first responsible professional decision by taking backup money to learn under two of the best. By his current age, in league history, only Dan Marino had thrown for more yards. In spite of questionable off the field decision making at FSU, he went #1 overall. Why do you think that’s the case?

I think denying Jameis Winston as a talent is you showing a bias, not the other way around.

Is this secretly just another "who would you rather have as the Saints starting Quarterback once Brees retires" threads?

The Saints have already invested into Hill the same time they were negotiating with Winston. If the Saints saw Winston as a possible replacement for Brees they would of invested that money into Winston. I personally think Hill has a "it" factor that has shown up when he was a starting QB at BYU and in spurts with the Saints and the Coaching staff (Sean Payton) thinks he can unlock his full potential so with that being said, I think seeing Hill at his full potential will be more beneficial for the Saints than Winston because of his overall game as a passer and runner.

We haven’t seen him throw the ball very much in the NFL and he wasn’t very good at it in college. And he always got hurt.

Jameis has Florida State, Heisman trophy, #1 overall pick kind of talent and he’s younger.

Taysom would be 31 when he started his first game. He has 13 nfl pass attempts. Nobody is kicking him to the curb or saying he doesn’t belong in the NFL...as a starting quarterback is debatable. I don’t think we’ve seen enough yet.
Very good post. Winston is a former Heisman, ROY and 5000 yard passer doing it with faulty eye sight and poor scheme and coaching. There is a reason he was the #1 overall pick and TH7 went undrafted. Even without his college injury history he just doesn't measure up to Winston.

Ladainian Tomlinson threw TD passes on 7 of his 11 pass attempts but I wouldn't stick him under center and expect him to read defenses like JW3. By comparison TH7 has thrown 13 passes with the Saints and completed 6, with many of those attempts coming with defenses expecting him to run.

TH7 is a 1st read / run type of QB. His physical strength is his biggest asset whereas JW has shown that he can actually read defenses from under center. This is a no brainer for me that Winston has considerably more potential than TH7.

and remember this while Taysom is being groomed in real time making huge bank on the field by the GOAT, playing primarily behind center, Winston will be holding a clipboard on the sideline collecting a mere 1 mill for a role not even as worthy as Bridgewater held

Very good post. Winston is a former Heisman, ROY and 5000 yard passer doing it with faulty eye sight and poor scheme and coaching. There is a reason he was the #1 overall pick and TH7 went undrafted. Even without his college injury history he just doesn't measure up to Winston.

Ladainian Tomlinson threw TD passes on 7 of his 11 pass attempts but I wouldn't stick him under center and expect him to read defenses like JW3. By comparison TH7 has thrown 13 passes with the Saints and completed 6, with many of those attempts coming with defenses expecting him to run.

TH7 is a 1st read / run type of QB. His physical strength is his biggest asset whereas JW has shown that he can actually read defenses from under center. This is a no brainer for me that Winston has considerably more potential than TH7.
Get real, Payton likes leaders..all that 5000 yds was primarily garbage time saddled with all those picks;pick 6's

[/QUOTE]

People like Winston will wow you, impress you, have good games that win you over, then bam, he does something stupid. Granted, he may have hidden character we haven't seen yet and will become a better man. But that's not very likely. Been following football a long time, and seen it maybe once or twice.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom