Poll Would you rather...(Another Hill vs. Winston thread and poll) Mod edit (1 Viewer)

Who would you rather?

• Taysom Hill playing at his full potential.

Votes: 43 36.1%
  • Jameis Winston playing at his full potential.

Votes: 76 63.9%

• Total voters

jessy

All-Pro
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
After Brees retires, let's say the the proverbial light comes on for Winston, he grows up, becomes a leader, the Lasik surgery and SP's coaching make him the best he can be.

At the same time Taysom is looking better than ever, comp % in the high 60's, extending plays, running over DBs for first downs.

Both want to be starters, neither will sign to be a backup. Who would you rather?

As much as I love what Taysom Hill brings every Sunday I have to go with Winston.

If you look at some of his numbers through his first 5 seasons he is up there with some of the all time greats. I was very surprised to see that.

Between Sean Payton and Brees if they can get some of Winston's wires firing in the right direction the Saints have the replacement that they'll need when Brees does finally retire.

NEVER in my wildest dreams would I have ever thought that I would say that!!

how do we know we have not seen Winston at full potential? Serious question, because if we have then I would take the unknown. We know Hill can play but we have no clue his potential under center full time.

Potential never goes away but that also doesn't mean that everyone can realize theirs.

Do we know what Taysom’s potential is??
Exactly, which is why I picked Winston. We have a large sample size. Winston is one of 8 men to pass for more than 5k yards in a season. He’s still young and the turnover issue can be addressed. Taysom’s ceiling is all speculation.

I would have taken Tacoes if the option were made available.

If you're a Saint, I'm pulling for you to be the best you can be and to have success beyond you perceived ceiling.

Just like with the Taysom / Teddy thing last year, I'm not picking one. I'm pulling for both and will be all in on whoever
eventually wins the job. Honest. I don't have a favorite.

I do have a thought to offer though. The difference in the two QB's styles and skills are pretty night and day. If you want
our offense to return to the wide open, fast break, vertical offense it used to be... Winston's the man for the job. If Taysom
wins the job, we're going to see something completely new in New Orleans. I'm not even sure what our offense would look
like exactly. My guess is some sort of RPO version of a west coast scheme. One we know works for us if the QB can do it
at a high level. It's what we ran for a decade setting all sorts of records along the way. The RPO/WC would be an experiment
for sure. But the coach devising the scheme and drawing up plays is a legend level offensive mastermind. So, I guess it's which
ever offensive style you believe in the most.

Hill is a tremendous athlete. Pretty amazing what he is able to accomplish - in his current role. However, we haven't seen evidence of his ability to be an NFL QB, have we? He obviously is not a pure pocket passer, but I at least want to see an ability to read coverages and go through progressions. Not just one read and take off.

As has been stated previously, a lot depends on Winston being able to grow up and reduce turnovers. I don't think there is a better place in the NFL for him to improve, both personally and professionally.

Probably my bias butt is rooting for Taysom just because he has been with the team for roughly 2 or 3 years now. Did more than any players on the team and has been a professional throughout. For my personal hatred, I have an extreme hatred for any criminal activities involving women and children. With Winston's history of rape accusations and the groping incident with the female uber drivers, I am certainly not a fan of this person. His antics on the field and his personality don't bother me but this does. When he was signed I didn't make any comment regarding it. With that being said, I am a Saints fan first and foremost. I can't deny what he did on the field. He has a lot to improve but has proved that he is a capable NFL quarterback. Taysom has yet to prove it to me. So this question is really tough to answer. Feeling aside, Winston has said the right things so far. I will give him props for choosing to take way less money to learn to be a better player with us.

I want to see them both reach their ultimate potential, but I want to see one at starting QB and the other in his joker role. I’m hoping Jameis Winston is our future starting QB cause he has the talent and the pocket passing that would fit coach Payton’s offense. It would be awesome to see what kind of offense coach Payton would create to fit Taysom’s talent at full time QB though. I just think Taysom’s current role is more beneficial to the team’s success. Having him able to make passes, catch passes, run the ball, block on offense, and make game changing plays on special teams is way more beneficial than just playing as a dual threat QB. I hope we can keep him in that role, but it sounds like he wants to be a starting QB. I think that is why we took Tommy Stevens in case Winston becomes the starter and Taysom wants to leave for a starting job.

I love Taysom, and I would love him to stay with the Saints, but he would have a very short career as a full time QB if he were to keep playing like he does. Taysom would have to become more of a pocket QB to have a longer career, but I doubt he would ever be a great pocket QB. With his current style, Taysom would probably be done within 5 years. If he limited his runs and protected his body on runs, then he would last longer, but then he wouldn't be the exciting QB he is today. Not only is Winston younger, but his style of play is conducive to playing for 15 more years. I think that with Payton, Winston could break Brees' records. Winston is less sexy, but if he cuts his turnovers, he would be more likely to keep us at the top, so I voted Winston.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom