Would you rather have draft picks....or Sean Payton back? (1 Viewer)

Would you rather have a #1 pick +other compensation for Payton...or have him come back as our coach?

• I would rather have at least a #1 pick + other compensation

Votes: 101 26.0%
  • I am ok with at least a #2 pick + other compensation

Votes: 4 1.0%
  • I would rather have Payton back as our head coach

Votes: 276 71.0%
  • I would rather Payton stay retired and not coach anywhere

Votes: 8 2.1%

• Total voters
Give me those two 1st rd picks (2023/2024) + another 3rd rd pick in 2023 from the Chargers
I’ll take that 17th pick selection (from the Chargers), trade down with Houston.

**Houston has 2 1st rd picks already**

We would get Houston’s pick at 33 and 65 for the Charger’s( 17th) pick, which would allow them to have 3 first rd picks and possibly steal and be the talk of the draft. Then, I’d go HAM with the 33rd, 36th, 66th, 68th, and 80th picks. I’d possibly try and package two of those 3rds to move back into the 2nd to end up with 3 second rd picks. Give me a QB, RB, and LB/WR (thinking WR more than LB)

Last edited:
What this season proves to me is that Sean Payton could duct tape together an offense with Trevor Siemion, undrafted wide outs and still compete with average teams in the NFL based on game planning and preparation. The fall off this season to me is: #1 the loss of Sean Payton, #2 the decision to sign Marcus Maye over signing Chauncy Gardner Johnson to an extension to replace Marcus Williams, #3 Marcus Davenport's mediocrity rather than ascension which has left this team without the dominant passrusher the Saints invested in him to be by this point in his career, #4 the injuries to Michael Thomas, Jameis Winston, and Jarvis Landry that have left the passing game in shambles. The last preaseason game on the drive where Penning got injured I had so much hope for that offense. If vanished in a flash. I think Sean Payton would have gotten more out of his players, handled short term IR better and this cloud of doom would not be in place. Foremost the fact Allen said he started Dalton over Winston and that Winston was healthy is a major mistake that gives me little hope for this team to be competitive against any decent defense. If Winston was healthy after the Cardinals game, every start of Dalton after that is an indictment of Allen. I would gladly give up a first rounder to have an bought in wants to be here and pair with Micky Loomis Sean Payton with a new defensive staff and maybe a new offensive coordinator under Payton.

Considering I know that he doesn't want to coach the team, give me the picks.
I don't think he's ever said he doesn't want to coach the team. He has said he needed a break from coaching.

Ultimately, I don't think he'll return, but he left the team on good terms and there's no reason he couldn't return if that’s something he wants to do.

I don't think he's ever said he doesn't want to coach the team. He has said he needed a break from coaching.

Ultimately, I don't think he'll return, but he left the team on good terms and there's no reason he couldn't return if that’s something he wants to do.
If he was only taking a break from coaching the Saints, he wouldn't have called himself a "free agent" He's done with the Saints.

You can tell Payton is operating by Parcells philosophy of leaving one year earlier.

I’d love to have Payton back because as proven by the results of his “pep talk” prior to Raiders game, this team is built by him for his style.

However, he wants a new challenge. He wants a new opportunity. I can’t see him ever coming back.

I’d love to have Payton back because as proven by the results of his “pep talk” prior to Raiders game, this team is built by him for his style.

However, he wants a new challenge. He wants a new opportunity. I can’t see him ever coming back.
The "pep talk" never happened. But yeah, if he wanted to come back, I'd have no problem with it.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom