Would you rather have draft picks....or Sean Payton back? (1 Viewer)

Would you rather have a #1 pick +other compensation for Payton...or have him come back as our coach?

• I would rather have at least a #1 pick + other compensation

Votes: 101 26.0%
  • I am ok with at least a #2 pick + other compensation

Votes: 4 1.0%
  • I would rather have Payton back as our head coach

Votes: 276 71.0%
  • I would rather Payton stay retired and not coach anywhere

Votes: 8 2.1%

• Total voters
He’s never coming back. Lightning isn’t going to strike twice. It was a once in a lifetime thing - Payton and Brees in NOLA at that particular time. It’s memory.

And just how do you know that? HC just like the draft is a crap-shoot. Keep the mid-level 1st and MAYBE 2nd rd picks I'll take a proven winner
You can't hold on to the past forever. When it's time to move on, it's time to move. Sean chose to move on, ain't no use in crying over spilled milk. I'm not that guy.

I’ll take the unpopular route. I want Payton back. If he wants to come back, if he needed a break to refocus and reflect I’d welcome him with open arms

You can't hold on to the past forever. When it's time to move on, it's time to move. Sean chose to move on, ain't no use in crying over spilled milk. I'm not that guy.
Agree. He gave us 16 great years in a place he really doesn’t like, most wouldn’t stomach that duration if you had the means to move on.

I doubt we’ll ever have another run like Sean gave us in our lifetimes so for that I’m appreciative.

Sean Payton!

Let’s use logic here folks…

Sean Payton = a head coach that’s a for sure playoff contender and who free agents want to play for

1st rd QB draft pick = mystery

Drafting a qb in the first round isn’t a for sure thing. We have a number one overall pick QB on the roster. Carolina has a number one overall pick QB on the roster PLUS another top 10 QB pick on the roster. All three of these guys are still in their 20’s and they aren’t very good.

I'm convinced our record would be reversed if Payton were still coaching this season. So I think the best option would be for him to return. There are no guarantees with any other coach imo. I think Payton could coach another 10 years if he wanted to.

That said, I'd be shocked if he decided to return. I absolutely would not let him go for anything less than a high first round pick and then some.

This is really a very good question… I have not voted…

My initial gut reaction is to say “Payton made it clear he doesn’t want to be here, so I don’t want him back after he makes them beg… but… Dennis Allen is certainly not the guy and having no 1st rounder with the possibility of Bryce Young is just unfair!

Unfortunately… at the end of the day, I think the Saints are boned either way.

Payton's time is past. His playcalling had gotten stale, as did his own passion for the game.

If we can get at least a 1 for him, I'm fine with him going elsewhere.

You're not getting it, the question was " Would you rather have SP back or the picks ?" NOT whether he was coming back. BUT if he could be persuaded to come back I'd welcome him back not like some of you butt-hurt wanna-be jilted lovers

Agree. He gave us 16 great years in a place he really doesn’t like, most wouldn’t stomach that duration if you had the means to move on.

I doubt we’ll ever have another run like Sean gave us in our lifetimes so for that I’m appreciative.
Show me where , WHERE did SP say he didn't like it here SMH

You're not getting it, the question was " Would you rather have SP back or the picks ?" NOT whether he was coming back. BUT if he could be persuaded to come back I'd welcome him back not like some of you butt-hurt wanna-be jilted lovers
What's done is done. After this season with DA I'm ready for a fresh start. He will always have my respect and appreciation.

I want the Saints to trade Sean Payton for the 1st round pick, and then draft Eastern Illinois quarterback Sean Payton.

Screen-Hunter-66.png

There's a reason CSP is the hottest commodity available as a HC. He's the best available, period.

He could use this as a sabbatical year and come back rejuvenated in 2023. He'd still have the mess to fix, but could come on with fresh eyes/ideas.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom