Would you rather have draft picks....or Sean Payton back? (1 Viewer)

Would you rather have a #1 pick +other compensation for Payton...or have him come back as our coach?

• I would rather have at least a #1 pick + other compensation

Votes: 101 26.0%
  • I am ok with at least a #2 pick + other compensation

Votes: 4 1.0%
  • I would rather have Payton back as our head coach

Votes: 276 71.0%
  • I would rather Payton stay retired and not coach anywhere

Votes: 8 2.1%

• Total voters
You know.. still don't think it would have happened but I guess there'd maybe be some nonzero chance he'd return if we had held on to that number one pick for next year's draft and we managed to suck so bad this year that we're able to grab Bryce Young.

Still no I'm sure.. nice to think about though LOL.

Rather have him a our coach ,a great coach like him has more value than any draft picks ,because a great coach wins games

Payton gushing over Lamar Jackson.

“He has a chance to be a free agent, and I have a chance to be a free agent.”
Yeah, that's not the same as saying he doesn't want to coach the Saints. Being a free agent means he gets to shop himself around and guage what his market value might be. I don't have a problem with that.

Regardless, Payton knows he's not really a free agent just yet.

Yeah, that's not the same as saying he doesn't want to coach the Saints. Being a free agent means he gets to shop himself around and guage what his market value might be. I don't have a problem with that.

Regardless, Payton knows he's not really a free agent just yet.

He'll never say that. That's how you burn bridges. There is zero reason to think he'd want to return. QB situation still sucks although he was able to win with Winston, no first round pick and the cap is in even worse shape after we restructured contracts to try and get Watson. It'd take the same kind of hard work that burned him out to come back to the Saints and win.

If we get a good return on trading him then at least the next coach will have a fighting chance.

I would rather have Sean Payton but you have to take what you can get in this scenario. If he comes back and the Saints can get picks out of it, that’s ideal. Moving on from Dennis Allen and finding a new HC is step 2.

If he was only taking a break from coaching the Saints, he wouldn't have called himself a "free agent" He's done with the Saints.
1st of all he said POSSIBLY be a free agent. And I think that was just TV Sean talking creating a buzz

1st of all he said POSSIBLY be a free agent. And I think that was just TV Sean talking creating a buzz
Did you see him on the sideline coaching this weekend? Neither did I. He's done with the Saints. Try to comprehend this much 🤣

Payton in my heart but my head knows that you can never go backwards and expect great results.

Payton in my heart but my head knows that you can never go backwards and expect great results.
That's certainly not universally true. There are more than a few examples of coaches and players taking a break and returning with similar or even improved results. I don't know if that would happen in Payton's case, but I like the odds there.

And fwiw, I'm having a hard time thinking of who out there is a better option than Payton.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom