Would You Roster Joe Mixon? (1 Viewer)

Mixon is probably a top 5 talent in this draft at RB, and will be drafted on day 3. He's IMO the best receiving back in the class (above McCaffrey & Samuel). Past issues are hard to see with such talent, but ask yourself if you think he'll be constantly in off the field trouble. I don't see it. And with a veteran QB like Brees to lead him, the risk is definitely worth the potential reward.

I would normally says that it will depend on the interview and what round he may be available.

But it goes beyond that. I think he has the talent to be a key part of an offense. He certainly will do a great job being the 3rd. down back we need but, are we sure the guy has the maturity to keep himself out of trouble? Even is we get him for cheap, would be risking on having a key player suspended for irrational behavior?

This is a tough one, and I am sure that coaches and scouts will try to figure this one out.

I'm not God and I make it a point to not judge people.
I'd be willing to to give the young man a chance.
A third day pick or definitely as an UDFA

No, no. The point you are missing is that the kid was recently suspended for flying off the handle. He missed a game this season for blowing up on a parking attendant. It isn't anywhere close to him punching the girl, but it is being swept under the rug here while it only happened less than 3 months ago.

The guy hasn't figured anything out, and if he has, why get suspended for free in college when you can be paid while you are suspended in the NFL.

I know about the parking attendant thing.

He didn't blow up on the attendant. He just ripped up a parking ticket and threw it at the attendant. That was it!

ooooooo. He's so BAAD!!!! lol
You think compares too what a bunch of these jack holes do in the NFL?

He didn't blow up on the attendant. He just ripped up a parking ticket and threw it at the attendant. That was it!

I don't know, do a lot of these jack holes in the NFL rip up parking tickets and threw them in the faces of parking attendants? Dude is going to be the new Randy Gregory. Million Dollar talent that doesn't get to shine because of a 10 cent brain.

Taken as a singular incident, no. It's not a big deal. And yes he was, in the legal definition, assaulted by the girl in the deli, and had a legal right to retaliate. But in both situations, whether or not they can be justified, he chose the worst possible reaction. It exhibits a pattern of poor decision making skills.

Now, Jameis Winston had a similar bad run, but has seemingly figured out how to be a better person. Brandon Marshall had serious issues, but has become a great spokesman for mental health concerns in this country. Can Mixon? Maybe.

But I certainly don't think I want to see if he goes the Lawrence Phillips or Maurice Clarett path at the expense of my favorite team.

I don't know, do a lot of these jack holes in the NFL rip up parking tickets and threw them in the faces of parking attendants? Dude is going to be the new Randy Gregory. Million Dollar talent that doesn't get to shine because of a 10 cent brain.

But it's cool for Tyreek Hill to choke is pregnant wife since there was no video?

I agree hitting the chick was bad. It's over, he did his time. Then you want to add that ripping up a parking ticket equals this dude is BONKERS and is going to end up in a insane asylum. hahaha

Taken as a singular incident, no. It's not a big deal. And yes he was, in the legal definition, assaulted by the girl in the deli, and had a legal right to retaliate. But in both situations, whether or not they can be justified, he chose the worst possible reaction. It exhibits a pattern of poor decision making skills.

Now, Jameis Winston had a similar bad run, but has seemingly figured out how to be a better person. Brandon Marshall had serious issues, but has become a great spokesman for mental health concerns in this country. Can Mixon? Maybe.

But I certainly don't think I want to see if he goes the Lawrence Phillips or Maurice Clarett path at the expense of my favorite team.

Oh god. Forgot about Winston. How many times did he get in trouble before he left for the NFL? See how people forget about this stuff. lol

But it's cool for Tyreek Hill to choke is pregnant wife since there was no video?

I agree hitting the chick was bad. It's over, he did his time. Then you want to add that ripping up a parking ticket equals this dude is BONKERS and is going to end up in a insane asylum. hahaha

Oh god. Forgot about Winston. How many times did he get in trouble before he left for the NFL? See how people forget about this stuff. lol

Are we talking about Hill, because I don't remember us talking about Hill. I don't recall saying that I wanted Hill on this team, do you? Whats with bringing the strawmen into this topic?

The "N" word has a deep rooted anger for most African-Americans. To call someone that and put your hands on them deserves a reaction. She probably thought because she was a female he wasn't going to hit her. Joke was on her. I don't give slack to women in that case. If you hit a man then be prepared to be hit like one. If you don't want that in your life then keep your hands to yourself and be a lady. But if you got your big girl panties on and you want to step to a man be prepared for what happens. If you want to call a black man a word that carries so many emotions then accept the consequences.

Are we talking about Hill, because I don't remember us talking about Hill. I don't recall saying that I wanted Hill on this team, do you? Whats with bringing the strawmen into this topic?

Did'nt I bring up other NFL players and their issues? Well I gave you an example.

No one was talking about what Hill did, how it would hurt his draft or having a guy like that on their team.
Look at the year he is having. That could be Joe Mixon.

Did'nt I bring up other NFL players and their issues? Well I gave you an example.

No one was talking about what Hill did, how it would hurt his draft or having a guy like that on their team.
Look at the year he is having. That could be Joe Mixon.

Look at the year Darren Sharper is having. Hurray for the accolades, but do you want his name associated with the Saints now?

Mixon is probably a top 5 talent in this draft at RB, and will be drafted on day 3. He's IMO the best receiving back in the class (above McCaffrey & Samuel). Past issues are hard to see with such talent, but ask yourself if you think he'll be constantly in off the field trouble. I don't see it. And with a veteran QB like Brees to lead him, the risk is definitely worth the potential reward.

clone of Darren McFadden

pass

Goodell would hate us less if we picked him up. You have to remember that Goodell tried to give Rice a slap on the wrist and beats his own wife every time he gets a chance.

Thats a strong pass from me. Between Goodell already hating us, and this kid still not showing signs of remorse (Documents detail altercation between OU), I would say that its in our best interest not to pick up the rattlesnake asking us to carry him to the bottom of the mountain, because we will get bit.

Look at the year Darren Sharper is having. Hurray for the accolades, but do you want his name associated with the Saints now?

Oh, so who's bringing up random players now? lol
Nothing we can do about it now.

I guess it's anybody's opinions on who's worse but comparing Mixon to Sharper is kinda low. We KNOW what Mixon did before he will coming to the NFL. A little different in my opinion..

IF you want to assume he's going to do something stupid again. Well you know what assume means. LOL

Did you think the Giants kicker would beat his wife? Let me guess you saw that coming right?

Oh, so who's bringing up random players now. lol

I think it's a lot different when the player has already had a incident before joining a team.

Who is bringing up the random players? Well if you're taking the lead I suppose I can follow. Either way, thanks for the SB Darren, hope you enjoy getting pounded in the *** in prison.

Yeah, pass on the guy who can't keep his cool. Unless it's as an UDFA, let him prove he wants to be here by signing a contract that will allow a team to quickly get away from him if he fouls up again.

This is the South. If he thinks he will only hear the "N" word in Oklahoma he is in for a wild ride.

I would however take Perine if he is around when we have the luxory of taking a rb.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom