Would You Roster Joe Mixon? (1 Viewer)

Guys, he hit the girl when he was 18, but he had an incident 3 months ago that got him in trouble as well.

Joe Mixon was so frustrated with a parking citation that he tore up the ticket in front of the parking attendant and threw it at the parking attendant.

Mixon reportedly approached the parking attendant right after the citation was written.

"Don't put that **** in my face," Mixon told the attendant, the incident report states.

Mixon then ripped the citation in half and threw it at the parking attendant.

According to the incident report, the torn pieces hit the parking attendant in the face.

Mixon then got into his vehicle and "inched at the officer with vehicle in drive to intimidate the officer with vehicle," the report details. Documents detail altercation between OU

I guess he learned that throwing things in people faces is safer than throwing punches at people faces?

Just curious what backs you Prefer besides the obvious fournette and cook?

For the Saints needs? McCaffery (however you spell it) is at the top of my list or any of the other scat back types who are more third down backs than total package running backs.

We've got Ingram and Hightower (if we choose to re-sign him) as basically complete backs but have been missing Sproles replacement ever since we traded him to Philly.

He's got as much talent and ability as McCaffrey or Kamara and he'll probably be available in the 5th-7th round. I'd give him the 2nd chance with little-to-no risk. People change and grow. Is it crazy to think he's learned from it and is better since?

There's no way I can say what he did was right, it was way wrong.

With that said I'm a OU fan would love him in Black & Gold. He is a game changer, if you don't see that. You don't know football.
I am really upset he's leaving OU, because we needed to make a run next year.

1. She called him a ******
2. She spit in his face
3. She hit and slapped him
4. She's a convicted felon

She got her issue. Would I do it?? Probably not, but I don't know how I'd react in that situation.

1. She called him a ******
2. She spit in his face
3. She hit and slapped him
4. She's a convicted felon

She got her issue. Would I do it?? Probably not, but I don't know how I'd react in that situation.

I'm with you. Was it the right thing to do? Absolutely not. Was she a "victim"? I don't think so. It's a PR poison sure, but it has little baring on who he is as a person now. Mixon would make Who Dat Nation forget about the incident real quick when he turned out to be a bigger, faster Pierre.

Why are we only talking about the punching incident when he was suspended less than 3 months ago for an incident he had? Guys, he isn't sorry that he punched the girl, and he isn't sorry for how he reacted when he was suspended for throwing the ticket in the officers face. He is sorry because he got caught.

If he ends up here it would be a surprise because I don't think this team would want to take on the headache.

Why are we only talking about the punching incident when he was suspended less than 3 months ago for an incident he had? Guys, he isn't sorry that he punched the girl, and he isn't sorry for how he reacted when he was suspended for throwing the ticket in the officers face. He is sorry because he got caught.

If he ends up here it would be a surprise because I don't think this team would want to take on the headache.

He was suspended for his entire freshman year. Right after the incident.

This has nothing to do with him being caught, I'm pretty he knew something was going to happen with a restaurant full of witness.

The funny part it, the chic was begging Mixons attorney not to post the video because she sure doesn't look like a angel and she has a rap sheet.

I just don't understand why they waited so long to post the video.

He was suspended for his entire freshman year. Right after the incident.

This has nothing to do with him being caught, I'm pretty he knew something was going to happen with a restaurant full of witness.

The funny part it, the chic was begging Mixons attorney not to post the video because she sure doesn't look like a angel and she has a rap sheet.

I just don't understand why they waited so long to post the video.

No, no. The point you are missing is that the kid was recently suspended for flying off the handle. He missed a game this season for blowing up on a parking attendant. It isn't anywhere close to him punching the girl, but it is being swept under the rug here while it only happened less than 3 months ago.

The guy hasn't figured anything out, and if he has, why get suspended for free in college when you can be paid while you are suspended in the NFL.

I think we have worked too hard the past couple seasons to turn this roster over to take any chance on a questionable character guy. No matter how you feel about the situation or what side of the face you fall on. I feel if nothing else to come from this season we have the right group of guys in the locker room and running backs are always in surplus in the draft.

I think we have worked too hard the past couple seasons to turn this roster over to take any chance on a questionable character guy. No matter how you feel about the situation or what side of the face you fall on. I feel if nothing else to come from this season we have the right group of guys in the locker room and running backs are always in surplus in the draft.

Mixon is probably a top 5 talent in this draft at RB, and will be drafted on day 3. He's IMO the best receiving back in the class (above McCaffrey & Samuel). Past issues are hard to see with such talent, but ask yourself if you think he'll be constantly in off the field trouble. I don't see it. And with a veteran QB like Brees to lead him, the risk is definitely worth the potential reward.

I wouldn't draft him. If he wants to come here as an UDFA, I'd sign him, just make it known he's on a very short leach

Hard pass from me. Sorry, I don't want that guy on my team. I don't want him in our locker room. And while he claims he was called a racial slur, apparently from what I've read, he and his buddies were calling the girl's male friend homophobic names and even followed them into the restaurant, and she was just standing up for the guy. He's shown absolutely no remorse. If he had spent that year he was suspended working at a battered women's shelter, then maybe (or if he pledges to give a few million to help stop abuse). Otherwise, I don't want a super bowl that much to have to pull for him.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom