Would You Roster Joe Mixon? (1 Viewer)

I would. Young man said he would handle it differently next time. I be glad to see him in black and gold.
What amazes me is some people get more upset about how football teams handle these issues and not police,DA, prosecutors and judges. If your that upset you should be at the court house and calling your congressman about how our laws are applied.

I would. Young man said he would handle it differently next time. I be glad to see him in black and gold.
What amazes me is some people get more upset about how football teams handle these issues and not police,DA, prosecutors and judges. If your that upset you should be at the court house and calling your congressman about how our laws are applied.

Oh I'm definitely more bothered by Stoops, OU, and any other case where a talented player is treated differently than maybe a walk-on might be. If the kid were not talented, I guarantee you he'd be kicked off the team.

The local government's favoring the football team's best interest over that of their constituents is very troubling.

She pushed him, big deal. He should have walked away, end of story.

Lot of people do things they shouldn't. I guess I'm just hung up on it being such a deal because she was a woman. I'm a supporter of the "it's never OK to hit a woman" idea, but it stems from a sugar and spice and everything nice upbringing. I'm lost as to why it should matter these days. If gender roles are fluid and continually being redefined, how does this type of action still always fall into a never allowed category? Why is Stoops "trash" for allowing him to play? Why would missing a year of football not be enough of a punishment now, if it was last fall? The kid is on a prove it style probation. Why is it not ok to let him do so?

people say things.

there's a video online somewhere of a couple arguing and the girl starts shoving the guy, then starts slapping him a bunch of times, then starts punching him in the face a ton of times.

eventually he loses his cool and she gets knocked out.

I don't really have a problem with that. punching a girl because she's trashy and shoved a college football player and called him a racial slur doesn't give that dude the right to break her face. especially since, as someone else noted, he's shown no remorse for hitting her and paid no real price for hitting her.

I agree it's one thing when a man beats a woman for no reason but the video I seen she started it with him by slapping and punching him over none of her business. So now I guess the NFL and media only give second chances to certain offenses?

Could work out well for mixon like it did for tyreke hill. A better team that gets the benefit of the doubt from the public will prob take him and he'll be in a better football situation.
Aside from the money lost.

Could work out well for mixon like it did for tyreke hill. A better team that gets the benefit of the doubt from the public will prob take him and he'll be in a better football situation.

I'd also point out that for a RB, getting drafted in the later rounds or going undrafted is actually more lucrative in the long run. 1st rounders that pan out will get hit with the 5th year option. Other draft picks can negotiate a new contract after the 3rd year. UDFA can negotiate a new deal after the 2nd year!

the fly in the ointment is that I'm not that concerned about how it works out for dudes who break the faces of college girls or almost choke their pregnant girlfriend to death.

the fly in the ointment is that I'm not that concerned about how it works out for dudes who break the faces of college girls or almost choke their pregnant girlfriend to death.

Look nobody here is advocating any of that. Some people make really bad mistakes/decisions/choices. But Some guys can grow from bad situations and landing with a good team can aid in that.

Look nobody here is advocating any of that. Some people make really bad mistakes/decisions/choices. But Some guys can grow from bad situations and landing with a good team can aid in that.

I agree. He made an awful mistake when he was 18 years old. I think he should've been punished more severely by the police/DA's office, but also think that suspending him for a year was an appropriate punishment from the team's POV.

If I were never given a second chance from the stupid things I did when I was 17-23, I'd be unemployed or working minimum wage jobs for the rest of my life.

Do I want him on the Saints? No. We don't need him. Even if we did, I think there are other backs in the draft that don't carry his baggage who are just as good, if not better, than Mixon is.

I could never cheer for that guy. Period. I don't care how old he was or how contrite he pretends to be because PR demands it. No matter what the verbal altercation was outside, you don't follow someone inside and then get in their face unless you plan to escalate the situation. It could have been avoided a dozen different ways. I don't want him in black and gold and have to feel that nausea in the pit of my gut every time he hits the field.

I could never cheer for that guy. Period. I don't care how old he was or how contrite he pretends to be because PR demands it. No matter what the verbal altercation was outside, you don't follow someone inside and then get in their face unless you plan to escalate the situation. It could have been avoided a dozen different ways. I don't want him in black and gold and have to feel that nausea in the pit of my gut every time he hits the field.

to be fair, you don't know what any of these guys do in their private lives, until they get caught doing dirt anyway.

we all loved Galette and then he started getting sued by "strippers" and beating women with belts.

to be fair, you don't know what any of these guys do in their private lives, until they get caught doing dirt anyway.

we all loved Galette and then he started getting sued by "strippers" and beating women with belts.

And throwing pit bulls at women who refuse to leave his house. Throwing a dog at a person is next level demented...

I agree. He made an awful mistake when he was 18 years old. I think he should've been punished more severely by the police/DA's office, but also think that suspending him for a year was an appropriate punishment from the team's POV.

If I were never given a second chance from the stupid things I did when I was 17-23, I'd be unemployed or working minimum wage jobs for the rest of my life.

Do I want him on the Saints? No. We don't need him. Even if we did, I think there are other backs in the draft that don't carry his baggage who are just as good, if not better, than Mixon is.

Just curious what backs you Prefer besides the obvious fournette and cook?

Mixon was in a bad and unfortunate spot and he should have walked away...He didn't so the Saints should walk away from him. This incident will cost him (Remember Ray Rice)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom