Would you sign a waiver to attend a game or what would convince you to attend a game this season? (1 Viewer)

Would you sign a waiver or what is your prerequisite?

• Yes I'd happily sign a waiver and go to all the games.

Votes: 98 35.9%
  • No I would not sign a waiver to attend.

Votes: 31 11.4%
  • I will not go to any games if it's full attendance.

Votes: 14 5.1%
  • I will only go to the games if Covid numbers drastically or mildly improve.

Votes: 25 9.2%
  • I will only go to social distance type of set ups at games.

Votes: 16 5.9%
  • I am not going to any games this season and will only watch on TV.

Votes: 122 44.7%

• Total voters
My wife is an OT and just found out a patient she treated Friday tested positive for COVID on Monday. I planned on visiting my parents in their backyard, wearing a mask, and maintaining social distance this weekend, but that's scratched until my wife's test comes back clear and we're symptom free the next couple of weeks. Now I feel bad that I visited them this past Sunday, but I think it'll be fine because I/we took precautions during the visit.

You're not just signing a waiver for yourself so you can go to games, you're signing a waiver for everyone you come into contact with after. Except they didn't get to sign it - you did. The selfishness of some people in this country is disappointing.

No sir, stating a fact. You can get it from one person.
You're still not getting it. It's degree of risk, which is gauged by probability. Sure, you can get it from one person under the right circumstances. When you're in a crowded environment with lots of people yelling and screaming (i.e., ejecting droplets that may or may not contain coronavirus), the risk is significantly increased for any one individual, and exponentially increased for general spread within the event.

I don't trust society as a whole to attend.
Those who feel under the weather will still go not caring for the common good. It's why it keeps spreading.
There is such a thing as asymptomatic spread. Everyone in the Dome could have no symptoms, but some of them will have COVID and spread it to others. Which is why everyone should act as if they do have it.

I'll watch on TV, if there is a season. I believe we go until next year without football. Too much risk. I hope I'm horribly wrong!!!!! Please let me be wrong!!!!!

When you're in a crowded environment with lots of people yelling and screaming (i.e., ejecting droplets that may or may not contain coronavirus), the risk is significantly increased for any one individual, and exponentially increased for general spread within the event.
Are you talking about the protests?

I didn't attend any crowded protests either, but I get you're trying to make a political point.

The protests weren't good for preventing spread, and they probably DID contribute to spread, but they were at least outdoors with a lot of them wearing masks. The Dome is indoors. Bars are (for the most part) indoors. It's pretty clear that being indoors is a risk factor compared to being outdoors, all other things being equal. The outbreaks in Florida, Texas, Arizona, and other states have much less to to with protests than they do with a reckless "re-opening."

It's moving from me to we.

This sentiment perfectly describes what needs to happen in many areas of life.....can't say more on this forum.

Even if I had the opportunity and free tickets I would not go to any games.

An enclosed area with 10's of thousands of people screaming(i.e. spreading their germs far and wide) is a very very bad idea. If the NFL allows this it will probably be the end of my fandom as well. It's time to put other people before ourselves and sacrifice what WE want for what EVERYONE needs. I mean all concert tours are cancelled and this is no different. The reasons to cancel concerts also apply to NFL games. Enclosed area, lots of screaming people in very close proximity. It's a recipe for disaster.

Enough with the whataboutism. It is not a good debate tactic. What you actually prove is that you have nothing of substance to add to the conversation.

This too.

But science aside, imagine how ignorant one would need to be to equivocate protesting centuries of systemic racism and oppression with the ability to go watch people throw a ball around.

This too.

But science aside, imagine how ignorant one would need to be to equivocate protesting centuries of systemic racism and oppression with the ability to go watch people throw a ball around.
Not over yet. Only small samples of the numbers of protesters/rioters. Give it time. It will change, if you know anything about statistics.

The inverted bell curve on this poll makes sense.

Some people are willing to take the risk.
Some people are unwilling to take the risk.

But most people understand that it is impossible to have something like a live sporting event without risk, despite whatever precautions are taken.

Not over yet. Only small samples of the numbers of protesters/rioters. Give it time. It will change, if you know anything about statistics.

I do statistics and analytics for a living.

The protests ended a month ago. There is not a hidden pocket of protesters who are going to pop up as Covid+. It doesn't lie dormant for a month.

I do statistics and analytics for a living.

The protests ended a month ago. There is not a hidden pocket of protesters who are going to pop up as Covid+. It doesn't lie dormant for a month.
So if you take note, the recent uptick started approximately about 14 days after Memorial day, which also happened to be the weekend of the largest protests. Come on. You (not you personally) are going to try and tell me, these same people were not in restaurants, bar rooms, clubs, at the beach...etc., transmitting between their protests and the restaurants, bar rooms, clubs, beaches etc.? Give me a break. Use your common sense. If it looks like a duck...šŸ˜Ž

So if you take note, the recent uptick started approximately about 14 days after Memorial day, which also happened to be the weekend of the largest protests. Come on. You (not you personally) are going to try and tell me, these same people were not in restaurants, bar rooms, clubs, at the beach...etc., transmitting between their protests and the restaurants, bar rooms, clubs, beaches etc.? Give me a break. Use your common sense. If it looks like a duck...šŸ˜Ž

Or you could just read the very thorough scientific study I posted.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom