Would you stand or not if you were an NFL player? (1 Viewer)

Would you stand for the national anthem if you were an NFL player?

• YES

Votes: 47 81.0%
  • NO

Votes: 11 19.0%

• Total voters

saintmdterps

Falling feels like flying til you hit the ground.
VIP Subscribing Member
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
So we're hearing all this backlash against NFL players who may not stand for the national anthem on this day, the 15th anniversary of 9/11. What I see in this act is not disrespect at all but rather a demonstration of how divided a society we are. 15 years ago we were so united, and stood as one against a despicable act by a band of criminals. Now, 15 years later we have a divide on police shootings of minorities, a divide over Latino and Muslim immigration to the US, and an election which is only pounding that wedge further in. If NFL players choose to not stand for the national anthem, then this is only a sad comparison to 15 tears ago when so many NFL players of all colors stood with tears streaming down their faces as the anthem was played at the first game after 9/11.

I would kneel also, and take my lumps for so doing

i think i would need the context of team first
if we were a tight bunch, i'd bring it up in team meetings and guage the room and see if others wanted to join
if the team was full of richie incognitos coached by PJ Carlesimo i might go it alone after i choked PJ again

i've never really had a problem with expressing my issues to the group and accepting the consequences, so i'd more than likely kneel if i thought it was the right thing to do

Tim Tebow prayed in the end zone and Colin Kaepernick refuses to stand during the national anthem. Both are vilified by different segments of society, but no one says Tim Tebow does not have the "right" to pray, and yet it seems many are saying Kaepernick does not have the "right" to kneel.

Tim Tebow prayed in the end zone and Colin Kaepernick refuses to stand during the national anthem. Both are vilified by different segments of society, but no one says Tim Tebow does not have the "right" to pray, and yet it seems many are saying Kaepernick does not have the "right" to kneel.

To be fair I haven't seen anybody say he doesn't have the right, just that they don't like the act.

I'd stand. But I'd also support my teammates who choose to take a knee.

"Well we can't salute ya. Can't find the flag. If that don't suit ya, that's a drag"

School's Out by Alice Cooper 1972, so these sentiments are nothing new

I would stand, though as an established black icon I would make public statements motivating people to make more of an effort towards taking their communities back. Hard working poor deserve to live without fear of both gangs and the police.

I have no issue with Kap, nor any other player deciding to participate in this action.

The American flag has different meaning to various factions.

Some may see it as a symbol of oppression.

Others may view it as a symbol of their global dominance, and also the right to suckle the bountiful teat that this nation offers.
These same people simply expect the right to live their lives without prejudice. Some view their liberties as preordained to the exclusion of everyone else besides the "silent" majority...

Yet there's a sentiment from some that Kap isn't black.

Rodney Harrison criticizes Colin Kaepernick

And Colin Kaepernick — he’s not black. He can not understand what I face and what other young black men and black people face, or people of color face, on a every single [day] basis. When you walk in a grocery store, and you might have $2,000 or $3,000 in your pocket and you go up in to a Foot Locker and they’re looking at you like you about to steal something. I don’t think he faces those types of things.

Rodney also publicly apologized, like the following day. Im sure some bros assisted in getting his mind right...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom