Would you still watch the NFL if Goodell openly say that the games are rigged? (1 Viewer)

I think I would be on the list to sue the NFL for all those NFL Ticket Years I lived in Dallas... so I could watch the Saints instead of the Cowgirls... I would also stop watching all professional sports, if the NFL is rigged you can bet the others are doing the same since the NFL is probably the most successful $$$ wise... Watched Wrestling with my grandfather when I was in elementary school a year later we found out it was just an act, and we just stopped taking interest... back then didnt really bother us we just went fishing/camping more instead.

Kinda why I dont watch NBA and Soccer all the acting for fouls and seems both leagues dont care to stop it with replays now...

No I am not talking about some YouTuber making videos pointing out flaws that the games are rigged. I'm saying Roger Goodell go on one of these networks like ESPN or CNN and openly admit that the games are fixed for certain outcome. Would you walk away from the Saints and the NFL completely?

If he freely admitted it, the NFL as whole would no longer exist. Lawsuits and riots would probably happen.

No point in watching it. It would take several years for a legit pro league to start back up and fans to start trusting it again.

Kind of like the quiz show scandals from the 50's

No chance I would watch. I've already lost some interest since the no-call, but admitting the game is rigged would 100% seal the deal.

My mom has been saying it’s rigged since I was a child, this would only prove her claim

Of course I wouldn't watch any more. That would completely defeat the purpose of sports entirely. Those athletes bust their butts to be the quickest, strongest, smartest, toughest players out there to give their team the best chance of winning. If none of that factors in to who actually wins, what's the point?

I don't think the NFL is "rigged", as in, I don't think the winner of any game is predetermined. Is there bias in officiating - either consciously or otherwise? Probably. Are refs possibly instructed to favor calls one way or the other to keep games from being blowouts? Probably. But is the NFL straight-up rigged? Very doubtful.
I pretty much think this is on point.

I'll renew my interest when we get an owner who has some pull with the front office. As long as Gayle sits silently by during crap like the 2018 playoffs, we'll always just be a bit player in the drama.

In other words, yes it's somewhat rigged but it's fun if your team is one of the ones allowed to win.
I disagree with this...I think Gayle is great... her having the pull similar to her late husband is gonna take time. Im sure the other owners view her simply as a widow owner. However, I think she's smart and will evolve as an owner. I think she's done well and as long as she owns both the Saints and the Pels, those teams are staying in New Orleans. We don't have to worry about a threat if either team moving out of town.

Goodell essentially admitted the game is not on the up-and-up when he not only failed to correct a “mistake” that cost a team a SB appearance, but he didn’t even address it and hid away for a week.. then pretended it never happened.
And, then there's Bountygate...

The NFL argued in court that they were an entertainment sport, like WWE. Why would they do that? They can't fix games, like in boxing where you ask someone to take a fall. But, they can absolutely influence games by how they are called. But, teams can still muck it up with turnovers and everything even with help from the refs.
It is OBVIOUS there are many games where the Refs call it one way for one team and differently for their opponents!

Night and Day differently!

Just call EVERY GAME the SAME WAY for ALL TEAMS!

If not, it's fixed!

I think I would be on the list to sue the NFL for all those NFL Ticket Years I lived in Dallas... so I could watch the Saints instead of the Cowgirls... I would also stop watching all professional sports, if the NFL is rigged you can bet the others are doing the same since the NFL is probably the most successful $$$ wise... Watched Wrestling with my grandfather when I was in elementary school a year later we found out it was just an act, and we just stopped taking interest... back then didnt really bother us we just went fishing/camping more instead.

Kinda why I dont watch NBA and Soccer all the acting for fouls and seems both leagues dont care to stop it with replays now...

And, you can watch the NFL seeing the same thing? How can this POSSIBLY be a coincidence that a team that gets a new stadium tends to get favorable calls?

It is OBVIOUS there are many games where the Refs call it one way for one team and differently for their opponents!

Night and Day differently!

Just call EVERY GAME the SAME WAY for ALL TEAMS!

If not, it's fixed!

You could possible argue that it's just referee bias. But, when it happens consistently over multiple crews, it's not bias. It's by design. Why people don't see that, I don't know.

HogWash.

I won't argue that some refs might be biased against the Saints. Human nature. After all, we routinely roast them. But intentionally throwing a game one way or the other?

Hogwash. Does not happen.

We would be better off staging a ref Appreciation Day instead of accusing them of incompetence or worse corruption. How unbiased would you be if a team's fans were saying you were on the take. Making them the enemy only hurts us.

I've got a good deal on some ocean front property in Arizona for you. :grin:

My interest in the NFL has waned significantly over the past 10 years. Now I pretty much only watch Saints/Jaguars games. I haven't watched a Super Bowl since...well...when the Saints were in the Super Bowl. I took significant portions of two seasons off over that time span...2012 and 2017. It would take very little for me to stop watching.
Ditto with me.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom