Would you take a 2nd round pick for Galette? (1 Viewer)

As much as we like Galette and his potential, no other team would offer us a 2nd for him at this point in his career. What did we get for Reggie? A late pick & a backup safety, and Reggie was a proven part of our offense. Galette hasn't really done much yet so I doubt anyone would trade for him.

Albeit an unlikely option yes, I would take a second rounder for Galette. However, I #believe he will create havoc as a 3/4 OLB, if he is retained. Ditto for Tez Wilson regarding the switch to 3/4 D.

I would take a 2nd for him, yes. There is no team in the league that would give a 2nd for him right now though, so the point is moot.

Everyone knew that Galette was going to be a project when the Saints signed him............3 seasons into that project I'm anxious to see how things would work out with him............

it would be very very difficult to pass on a second round pick for him though:scratch:

Your disdain for some of the same players that were instrumental in our SB win is alarming. You know that guy etched in your memory pointing@ the stands as he returns a Peyton Manning interception that sealed the deal for the saints 1ST ever SB.... Thats Tracy Porter

I don't devalue our players in the least. I didn't say a single negative thing about Tracy Porter, not sure how you took it that way. If you would like me to say something negative, he can't stay healthy but other than that I thought he was a good player. I think Harper is a good player as well but do you think he is worth $9 million this season? If not then you agree with me that we overpaid him. I didn't even mention Stinch, he was a Haz draft pick.

As for Ingram, I'm not debating that again, if you want to see my thoughts on him then have at it.
http://saintsreport.com/forums/f2/chris-ivory-scouting-report-286896/index7.html

I'd do that trade in a heartbeat. Then see if that team wanted to do any other trades. Unfortunately, no one is going to offer a 2d round pick for a non starter situational player who was an UDFA and who could not even start on the worst defense in NFL history. Gallette is one of those players that this board loves, mostly from good preseason play 3 years ago. He has played ok at times and other times has been completely schooled. We need to improve this defense. We can't hang onto projects for years. I actually don't think he will perform well as an olb. I don't think he moves well in space. In fact, I am willing to bet that he will not be the starter on opening day. I hope he will blossom, but I just see an average player who shows an occasional spark and who at other times is completely out of the play. Hopefully I'm wrong, becaus this defense needs to improve

no.

simply because in a 3-4 I fully believe Galette to be capable of a regular 12 sack year every season.

and to trade that away for an unproven 2nd round player without good reasoning (contract issues) would be foolish.

There's only a few current Saints players that i would NOT give up for a 2nd rounder right now. Especially on the defensive side.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom