Would you take a 2nd round pick for Galette? (1 Viewer)

CitySaint

SR is my life!
Reaction score
I believe he is a Restricted Free Agent. Is it worth it to take a 2nd and let him walk? Would you take less than a 2nd or is his potential in a Rob Ryan scheme worth too much to lose him for a 2nd round pick.

No, Galette is our best pure pass rusher and his run defense has improved as well. He had 5 sacks in 12 games last year and he wasnt a starter. He could be a 12 -15 sacks a year guy.

Can not get a 2nd round pick this year. Heck i would settle for a 3rd.

He's much of an unknown commodity to the majority of the league so I find it highly doubtful anyone would be willing to give up a third round pick for him let alone a second.

A fourth would be high. Most would wait for a cut. He has not proven a thing on the field. Lance might only get a 5th or 6th.

Its a thought tht crossed my mind but id like to see junior get a chance to prove himself...with tht being said tht second rounder sounds good

No, Galette is our best pure pass rusher and his run defense has improved as well. He had 5 sacks in 12 games last year and he wasnt a starter. He could be a 12 -15 sacks a year guy.

:plus-un2:

I believe he is a Restricted Free Agent. Is it worth it to take a 2nd and let him walk? Would you take less than a 2nd or is his potential in a Rob Ryan scheme worth too much to lose him for a 2nd round pick.

You should have done a poll..instead u get people debating if it will happen or not...which was not the original question

No, you don't give him away for an unproven second round pick. He's been getting coached up by our team for what 3 years now and he's about to be put in a great situation playing full-time in a 3-4 defense. It's not worth it IMO.

More than likely I would take the second rounder. Would a team make such an offer for Galette, particularly at this point in his career? That's extremely unlikely. I kind of agree with the person who posted that we'd barely get a 5th or 6th rounder for Lance Moore...

No deff not him Jordan and Hicks where our best D line players on the whole team. So why should you want him to get traded for someone who most likely wont see the field because he'll be on the IR. for his 1st year then under R Ryan he will shine unlike Spags. He woulda had a heck of a season if Spags would have been more aggressive so I say no thank you.i been saying it everyday at training camp that Gallete should be playing more snaps even in his rookie year to.

No, you don't give him away for an unproven second round pick. He's been getting coached up by our team for what 3 years now and he's about to be put in a great situation playing full-time in a 3-4 defense. It's not worth it IMO.

Galette is about as unproven as taking any pass rusher in the 2nd.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom