Would you take a shot on Tyrann Mathieu in the late rounds? (2 Viewers)

Would you take a shot on Tyrann Mathieu in the late rounds?

• Yes

Votes: 306 69.4%
  • No

Votes: 135 30.6%

• Total voters
I'd take him in the 4th or 5th and play him at FS. Let him ball hawk all day!

He seems too risky, but I maybe would take a chance. He's definitely a "role" type player. Ligned up in various places in the secondary to create confusion. Nose for the ball, and a solid blitzer. I could see someone to take him as a SS. I just don't see him matching up as a corner.

With how we need help on defense we would be stupid not to

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

I had to vote no, just for the temptation of being so close to home. besides, I can see him being drafted in the mid rounds or not at all; much like legarrette blount. I wouldn't even be surprised to see him go as high as a late 2nd. only thing he lacks are good cover skills (Peterson suffered the same fate his rookie season, but this year he was fantastic). though he adjusts rather well due to his speed and ball-hawk skills.

Id take him in the 4th. Run or pass, put him in the box at nickel S, between Cam and say an SOLB like Anthony Spencer, Junior, Mingo, Jarvis Jones, Okafor, or Dion Jordan, to shoot gaps and blitz. He WILL make plays and force the O to account for him! Then drop him off and let others blitz. The O wont have a clue.

Omg yes!!!! He went to el esss uuuu he must be perfeck for da Saints!!!!!!!!

The question is: Would Rob Ryan push to get him in the 4th round or so if he is still available? Does Mathieu have the skill set to be productive in Rob Ryan's scheme? I think he does.

My guess is that the Patriots put every effort towards grabbing him in the 3rd, if not the 2nd, to get a wildman of a football player and give him the discipline4d environment he, may yet, need.

Despite missing out on a talent like that, I for one would just be happy to see him in a place where it can put it together and keep it together for the world to see his play-making ability, even if its not with us.

The question is: Would Rob Ryan push to get him in the 4th round or so if he is still available? Does Mathieu have the skill set to be productive in Rob Ryan's scheme? I think he does.

I think Rob Ryan may be one of the only DCs that would know how to use him properly. We would need a larger corner to offset his size. I could see us playing close to the line and playing coverages underneath. He's definitely not a FS that can run the entire center of the field. Not in the NFL. He's like a Harper that can catch.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom