Would you take an immortality pill? (1 Viewer)

Eeyore

Cultured, sophisticated, man about town!
VIP Subscribing Member
Platinum VIP Contributor
Reaction score
it's a simple marketing issue - if you asked would you take a 'chose your own time and place of death pill' i'm like, bet!

i'm imaging a once a month pill that if i stop taking it i have a month left to live
2 caveats
i would only take it if my kids also took it (and their kids, etc)
i'm doing it mostly so i could do space travel
(i'd also need a MUCH better retirement plan)

I've spoken to enough elderly relatives who have lost their spouse and their generation of family, friends and I've come to the realization, it would indeed would be a curse.

Now, if I could be a Zep and be a traveler of both time and space...then yeah, maybe so... especially, if I had some cool companions.

What kind of immortality are we talking about? Protection from old age and disease? Could I still starve to death? As GMR said, is it a pill that has to be taken regularly?

If it were true immortality (like I couldn't drown or die from lack of food) then I say no because that opens the door to an eternity in a horrible situation

If it's protection from old age and disease death and a medication I would need to keep taking (and could stop) then I would go for it just out of morbid curiosity

Look man, I saw Highlander. It was literally a documentary about a bunch of immortal people chopping each other's heads off to win the prize of mortality. No need for hypotheticals. If dying is good enough for Christopher Lambert, it's certainly good enough for me.

Helllll no. I took a break from my anti-natalist readings and came here to see this. Hilarious.

I can't wait to get out of here.

Taxes, meal prep, red lights, shingles, male pattern baldness, breast cancer, special needs kids, performance reviews, 3PM meetings on a Friday, IRS audits, dyslexia, past due bills, check engine lights, clogged drains, potholes, commercials, wedgies, accidental decapitation, suicide bombers, IBS, high-blood pressure, cankles, press 1 for English, toothaches, constipation...

Look at all the ointments and salves and pills in the medicine aisles. That tells you everything you need to know about life.

Deadlines. Alarm clocks. SMH.

Going around in circles every freaking day; ending up in the exact same place you started.

I'll be damned if I live forever. Literally. 🤬

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom