Would you take an immortality pill? (2 Viewers)

I think some of those who live their life as if everything is random and "this is all there is" might be interested in living forever.

However, those who feel as though they are following a particular purpose in this world would likely be inclined to believe that something much greater is eventually in store.
Most of the caveats deal with a ‘pill’ you need to keep taking to keep living
- so you could take it for 200 years and then get in to the higher purpose

and Defending Your Life has been mentioned in the thread - the beautiful message of that movie is that the ‘soul’s’ purpose is to life the human
life to its fullest (both for yourself and others), what if that purpose is the ‘higher’ purpose?

Where are all these pills you people are always pushing?

Helllll no. I took a break from my anti-natalist readings and came here to see this. Hilarious.

I can't wait to get out of here.

Taxes, meal prep, red lights, shingles, male pattern baldness, breast cancer, special needs kids, performance reviews, 3PM meetings on a Friday, IRS audits, dyslexia, past due bills, check engine lights, clogged drains, potholes, commercials, wedgies, accidental decapitation, suicide bombers, IBS, high-blood pressure, cankles, press 1 for English, toothaches, constipation...

Look at all the ointments and salves and pills in the medicine aisles. That tells you everything you need to know about life.

Deadlines. Alarm clocks. SMH.

Going around in circles every freaking day; ending up in the exact same place you started.

I'll be damned if I live forever. Literally. 🤬
😂 best part was wedgies

Some things to consider

Many have already mentioned friends and family - no need to rehash that

Can you choose to go back to your peak physical self - say 25 years old or are you as you are when you take it?

Can you gain or lose weight?

Is this pill available and many have taken it or are you the only one? And if you're the only one is it a secret or does the whole world know it?

An important question - Are you Superman or are you Wolverine?

If someone shoots you in the gut will you be shot in the gut, feel all the pain of being shot in the gut, but heal in seconds?

Or like Superman will you say, "what was that?"

If you're on a flight that crashes in the middle of the Atlantic and the plane is on the bottom of the ocean and you're pinned what is that like for you?

It's not patently untrue for me and the context of this question is personal. Others can choose to do whatever they want. But, for me, non-existence is always worse than existence.

Also, it obviously depends on the details. I mean, immortality could me that your consciousness is placed in a computer simulation. Or, it could me that you live forever, but you are brain dead. Or, it could me that due to some genetic mutation, your cells stop aging and you live like you are now forever. Frankly, I'd take any of those over non-existence. But, you can choose what you want.
You should read the Bobiverse books.

No. I hurt already. My knees, my hands... I can't imagine the pain I would feel in 100 years.
If you are going to consider living forever, why reason that a decrepit body has to go along with it?
Why can't we have bodies that remain in a healthy, 25 year old state forever? :hmm:

At least that's how I picture it to be. :9:

Does it also restore the collagen in our skin that we lose with age? Because then I may be in!
Maybe not, but you get to wear all of the shoes.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom