Would you take an immortality pill? (1 Viewer)

With my luck, I would be falsely convicted and sentenced to life in Prison with no parole

Man, I totally forgot about that…. So no.. I’ve been onto other things like “The Three Body Problem” series.
Book one has been on my shelf for years, haven’t read it yet

Of course you'd take the pill. Conscious existence is all we know, and folks aren't lining up to give up on tomorrow. For the most part humans have a desire to live, and generally things have to get pretty bad before a sound mind would want to willingly give up on life. When the alternative is non-existence, it seems reasonable that most people would take that pill now and worry about any possible ramifications later.
That may apply to most and I get where you're coming from but honestly without my wife and kids I'd rather be gone first and not last. I know several people who have lost their children and there's no way I'd want to experience that. I actually am not sure I'm build to handle it. I would immediately be broken beyond repair.

No. The more I think of it, I wouldn’t. Look I love modern technology. I’d love to live to see people colonizing other planets. All the wonderful ways to see people and society grow.

But to see everyone I love die. Generation after generation. See my kids leave. See wives, children, friends year after year when you’re left alone. No, I want a long healthy life. But I don’t want that

Does my wife get one too?

This will heavily weigh on my decision.

I’m fact, knowing whether I will be here for eternity with my wife or not will pretty much drive this decision.
Like the ambiguity

If she takes it too does that mean you absolutely will too? Or absolutely will not?

That may apply to most and I get where you're coming from but honestly without my wife and kids I'd rather be gone first and not last. I know several people who have lost their children and there's no way I'd want to experience that. I actually am not sure I'm build to handle it. I would immediately be broken beyond repair.
Obviously if there is only one pill in existence, it's unlikely that anyone would want to live without those closest to them. I assumed that this 'miracle pill' was available to any who wanted one.

Obviously if there is only one pill in existence, it's unlikely that anyone would want to live without those closest to them. I assumed that this 'miracle pill' was available to any who wanted one.
If everyone has access then in the words of Chief Brody " We're gonna need a bigger boat."

If everyone has access then in the words of Chief Brody " We're gonna need a bigger boat."
Then let's just assume the immortality pill makes a person sterile too. :hihi:

This reminds me of a Redd Foxx bit where he ponders dying while having sex or getting hit by a bus...his answer "I'll be in the loooong line." Haha

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom