Would you take tainted Super Bowls? (1 Viewer)

Suspicious Championships or none at all?

• Everyone cheats. Give me the Super Bowls

Votes: 44 44.0%
  • No way. Better clean than winners

Votes: 56 56.0%

• Total voters
If the Pats cheated, they will get their due eventually. What goes around comes around, I truely believe that.

In the end, your good name is all you have. You can loose your job/house, friends, etc, but once folks can't trust you, you have truely lost everything.

Just my opinion.

Everyone else has cheated, (49er's avoided the salary cap, Patriots and Spygate etc.) so we need to cheat just to be even with everyone else. So if we cheat the best, we will not only be innovators but champions.

Superbowls!! Id take one superbowl where it is later found out that we gave the opposing qb extasy before the game! As long as its after the fact and they dont take our Lombardi away. Yes Im that greedy and i have no morals in the realm of football when it comes to the Saints!

there is nothing tainted about this, hype , senator with an axe to grind against the nfl, represents comcast, wants to shed a bad light on the superbowl and the nfl, the other deal at the first of the year was handled and every team steals signals, weather it is with video or not, its still theft. they still have to play the games, and as you saw anything can happen (giant won) so to say their season is tainted is just not understanding all of the facts. but most fans don't.

At some point in your life, you have to decide for yourself whether you are on the side of winning at any cost, or being honorable, and playing a gentleman's game.

Some of you have shown your true colors on this thread, and I have my own personal view of you now.

In the end, personally, Id rather lose honestly than win cheating.

With that said, in most of my life's endeavors, I work hard, practice harder, and pay attention to details. I usually, but not always, end up on the winning side.

Not to mention, it makes it ten times sweeter when you beat that other side of the coin.

Take that for what it's worth.
Rick

Our current regime is tainted with staff who cannot identify the next Wes Welker (we made a trade with Miami too, for Mare), get production out of vets like Seau who people thought was finished, turn a middle round pick into an Asante Samuel, scrap together top secondaries out of middle round picks altogether, get production out of a cocky player like Randy Moss, etc. I would rather a regime that maybe cheated a little than a regime that lacks the coaching and talent evaluation ability, particularly on the defensive side of the ball, to make cheating worth the effort. We need to view Belichick as a model, not discount his success.

WHAT KIND OF ROLE MODEL IS THAT FOR THE KIDS. IF HE IS SUCH A GREAT COACH THE TAPINGS(ANY OF THEM) SHOULD NEVER OF HAPPENED.

At some point in your life, you have to decide for yourself whether you are on the side of winning at any cost, or being honorable, and playing a gentleman's game.

Some of you have shown your true colors on this thread, and I have my own personal view of you now.

In the end, personally, Id rather lose honestly than win cheating.

With that said, in most of my life's endeavors, I work hard, practice harder, and pay attention to details. I usually, but not always, end up on the winning side.

Not to mention, it makes it ten times sweeter when you beat that other side of the coin.

Take that for what it's worth.
Rick

nice post! i think you could also use the analogy of marking a deck of cards and winning a bunch of money from your friends in a poker game. seems like a lot of posters to this board would feel perfectly ok with that and enjoy spending the money. pretty sad

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom