would you trade next years first? (2 Viewers)

Would you trade next years first and third to move in the later rounds of this years draft to get DRC? From what he has showed so far, if he falls to the bottom of the first around 22 would try to make a trade for him?

Hmmmm...I hope if all things work out we just go ahead take him @ #10. I'm hoping he has an outstanding combine and this further justifies him being taken so high.

Never trade next years 1st unless your window of a superbowl is going to shut that year and/or you can predict with certainty that the pick will be in the late 20s at worst. I will be fuming if we trade next years 1st, especially for a cornerback that will take a minimum of 2 years to make an impact

I'm adamantly opposed to trading future first round draft picks. It's a consistently stupid move usually done by desperate GMs/coaches more worried about saving their present then preserving their future.

You NEVER know how an NFL season will turn out (who thought we would be picking #10 this year?). What if Brees (god forbid, knock on wood, etc) got hurt in the first game next year and we finished 6-10? Wouldn't it stink to have given up the #7 overall? (Look at the 49ers, widely predicted to be a playoff team this year, ended up losing their #)
i pretty much agree with this... the only caveat would be if i could obtain a youngish very talented player via trade, i might pull the trigger... but i definitely dislike trading future #1 picks for present picks

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom