would you trade next years first? (1 Viewer)

c_prej

On the Waiting List
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Would you trade next years first and third to move in the later rounds of this years draft to get DRC? From what he has showed so far, if he falls to the bottom of the first around 22 would try to make a trade for him? I think I would for the simple fact that if he can perform like this in the next level we could possibly get three young talented starters on defense. Not to metion if would get C. Williams in free agency we would be really young on d. Now im not sure we could offored for this to happen but cant i dream. Now if dont feel like trading next years first and third what would you offer if anything? THanks

If we think that highly of him we might as well just take him at 10.

If we did that I think Lofton would be a better player to get, we could get the cb who is looking the best at 10 and that would have adressed 2 issues on defence with first round picks. Do you mean trade next year's 1st and 3rd and this years 2nd, or just next years 1st and 3rd? I would never trade away next year's 1st and 3rd and this years second, that's way too high a price for pick 22.

I just think its pointless. Take him at 10 and take Mayo or Lofton if he somehow falls in the 2nd. Either way your getting a great MLB and a great CB.

The difference in LB talent at 10 vs. the 2nd round is minimal at best. So why waste next years first and 3rd when you can get a LB and CB by going CB first then LB.

the reason im asking some think that 10 is to hight to take him and would could get rivers at that pick and still get a mlb in the second. Just ideas not saying this is what we have to do or anything.

I LOVE DRC I would give my left arm for him BUT I would never trade the next years pick. Think about it what if Brees or someone like that suffers a carer ending injury a we end up with the first pick and that pick could replace that player with the pick you traded away. I can't think of of a situation where it has worked out well recently for anyone to be honest????

I don't see how that would be working to our advantage. We would be hosing ourselves to make a deal like that. Trading a first next year to get a lower round pick this year??? I don't get it.

Two other things I forgot to say.
Ask Cleveland why you dont do that
If we want them him we should use our second to trade up

Yes, I would deal next years 1st to get a 2nd 1st round pick this year.

What does it matter if we use it this year or next as long as we are getting another talented player on defense. I am worried about this year so if we value a player make the deal and get him on the team and into the system.

Two other things I forgot to say.
Ask Cleveland why you dont do that
If we want them him we should use our second to trade up

Also ask San Fran why you don't do that.

You pick who you can get with the draft slots that you have, unless an exceptional opportunity presents itself. Can't treat draft picks like baseball cards.

Yes, I would deal next years 1st to get a 2nd 1st round pick this year.

What does it matter if we use it this year or next as long as we are getting another talented player on defense. I am worried about this year so if we value a player make the deal and get him on the team and into the system.

It matters because the point is to get the most value for your draft pick. Yeah I'm sure no one in the Saints organization expects to be 5-11 next year but an injury here and there and it could very well happen. I can't envision any scenario where trading next years' first would be to the Saints' advantage, seeing as the lower half of the first round this year is weaker than usual.

No one wants DRC more than me, but I think we have to do like the patriots and gain draft picks each year rather than giving any away, they would have had 2 first rounders this year if not for the filming the sideline problem. they do it every year, we need all of our draft picks and gain some extras some how

I'm adamantly opposed to trading future first round draft picks. It's a consistently stupid move usually done by desperate GMs/coaches more worried about saving their present then preserving their future.

You NEVER know how an NFL season will turn out (who thought we would be picking #10 this year?). What if Brees (god forbid, knock on wood, etc) got hurt in the first game next year and we finished 6-10? Wouldn't it stink to have given up the #7 overall? (Look at the 49ers, widely predicted to be a playoff team this year, ended up losing their #)

the reason im asking some think that 10 is to hight to take him and would could get rivers at that pick and still get a mlb in the second. Just ideas not saying this is what we have to do or anything.

10 is too high for Rivers, since he's a LB; 10 is NOT too high for a potential shut down corner. Either he will be a good player or he will not be a good player. Draft value is only a perceived value; he'll still be every bit as good a player regardless of where he's drafted and with his potential, take him at 10 and don't think twice. You are correct; we can get a good LB in the 2nd round and that's where we should take one with another LB in the 3rd. If we were to trade back into the 1st, it would be for someone like Kentwan Balmer later in the round. 10 should be CB all the way.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom